I have a computer magazine each month which comes with a cover DVD. There are a lot of free prograames on it but nothing usually that interests me. Until this month. There's a free version of Serif Daisy Trail - which is a scrapbook programme. So, I loaded in onto the pc yesterday and had a play. This is my first attempt at anything like this and I did have fun. I may have to upgrade to the full verson where you get lots more tools to play with. Anyway - the main bp, the ribbon and the two square pieces were all done on the pc. I got to print out a six inch square of paper - thereby saving lots of ink.(and DS tape) I even managed to do the stitching round the edge of the pieces in the programme. Can you tell I was enjoying myself? The nesties and Tilda were done in the usual fashion and the flowers are from my stash. I used the sketch from the latest Sketch and Stash challenge - so my 'new' bit for this challenge is the scrapbook programme.Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx
27 comments:
Wow well done Beryl - I spent a fortune on the main version of this and haven't printed anything yet. I'll have to come over to you and have lessons.
Ann xxx
How clever Beryl. I have to confess I have no interest in using my computer for crafting but I do think it's clever when I see things like this.
It's amazing how you've got all that 'layering' and the stitching is great.
Lesley Xx
Wonderful work Beryl, it is very addictive! Have fun. Anesha :-)
Wow Beryl, this looks fantastic and certainly NOT cheating! I love your take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.
Well done Beryl, you done a great job. Can you tell me what magazine it was,sounds very interesting.
Pinky
just gorgeous! really love the soft colours!!
I love this card - Tilda looks so relaxed and chilled-out! I'm very impressed with your computer skills - the papers are fabulous, and so is the stitching! Brilliant!!
Sylvia xx
Oh Beryl this is awesome how wonderful that this is computer generated, obviously with your brilliant touch as well lol, I love it
Hugs
Lorraine x
omgosh, Beryl, how cool is this! Beautiful!!! you're gonna be addicted!!!! lol
Blessings, Maria
This is lovely Beryl, I have a full scrapbooking programme that I bought a couple of years ago when we were in the states. It's very good but I hardly ever use it because I'm old fashioned and tend to want to do everything myself!! Silly really I suppose. I do love what you've done here.
Ann x
Fabulous card Beryl, must give that programme a look
Beryl x
A lovely card Beryl. Very pretty!
Clairex
Hi Beryl,
Isn't it amazing how you can produce great stuff with freebies. I think this is very well done. I love it. gorgeous colours and image.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Hello Beryl
Oh you are clever, Fantastic card.
luv
irene
xxxx
Hi Beryl
I have never tried a CD for crafting, always put off my the amount of ink I think it will use.
But could be very tempted looking at this, those DP's are great and I do like the ide of being able to print off and blend everything.
B x
Lovely cute card Beryl, hope everything goes alright with Tim. janex
What a great card Beryl, can't believe all those lovely papers were printed from a free CD on your computer. Love the image and the flowers too.
Pat xx
WOW this is really clever Beryl - and I would absolutely jump at the chance to use something that does the faux stitching for me as I'm absolutely PANTS at it!!! Lol Lynn ♥
Well done Beryl, this is great. I love how your image sits on your printed papers, she looks lovely.
Hybrid crafting is great, especially when the craft purse has run a bit empty. There's loads of free stuff on the net to download, mainly on scrapbooking sites but you can re size the papers for cards so that you're not wasting ink. I use them when I want to do mini books 'cos you never run out of the paper you are using. If you want any addresses just let me know!
Have a great weekend.
Lisax
Well done Beryl - fantastic! Hugs x
OOO Very clever this card i am loving the detail and layout ..I LOOOve computer crafting..fab work Beryl
luv
Linniexx
gorgeous card Beryl love the tilda image and your faux stitching looks fab thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx
Beryl, this card is lovely and Tilda looks so at home. I use mainly digital papers and images and would love to know what computer magazine was giving this trial CD away. Thanks. Kym xxx
Awww this is so adorable - love how you have placed Tilda too.
hugs
Dawn
x
Wow Beryl this is gorgeous and so clever of you, I have the same CD, have loaded it but not played so this is great knowing now what I can do with it especially the stitching. I love your little Tilda and she is coloured beautifully.
Max x
So cute Beryl! I love Tilda's added smile!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx
Wow, I'm impressed. I might have to look into that programme (being rubbish with the pc :))
Great card by the way.
Post a Comment