Sunday, 18 October 2009

Card for a Mountain Biker


This week's Tanda Teaser is called 'Just for Men'. I don't have many menfolk to make for but a cycling mad friend of ours has a birthday in a few weeks so I thought I'd make his card this week. As soon as I saw this image in MCS I knew who I would be using it for. It looks just like him. The original quote on the image was 'A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top. ' As our friend spends a lot of his time cycling up and down mountains I thought I'd better chop that bit off. The papers are Dovecraft and the buckle made using my new Wizard buckles die.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

25 comments:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Beryl, this is a lovely card. Think it's a similar image I've got on a CD which I used for a card for hubby this year.

I saw your comment about IE8 and problems getting on my blog. I had troubles about 4 months ago getting onto virtually all blogs. I know use something different and only have problems when I add items to my gadgets and it moves them around. I then log into IE, change them around and save and off I go to my other browser. It's certainly made things sooooooooo much easier for me.

Kym xxx

Beryl K said...

Beryl, this is just fabulous, what a gorgeous photo, perfect for a cyclist. I'm not a fan of MCS but I must say some of the images I have seen are brilliant, so perhaps I should get one - just for the artwork
Beryl x

pinky said...

Beryl this is excellent! I know my son would love this, he is also a keen cyclist. I have some of those cds, must have a look and see if i have this image. Love your buckle too!
Pinky

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
What a great man card and obviously appropriate for the man in question. The papers really go well with the image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

AliMayes said...

The perfect card for a cycle-mad man Beryl!

Chrissie said...

This seems the perfect card for your friend Beryl!
Loving that buckle and what a great embellishment for a male card, not 'girly' at all.

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Beryl and will be perfect for your friend.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Annie said...

Love the image and your card is gorgeous.

Ann xxx

Irene said...

Helly Beryl

Oh I do like your card. The image is gorogeous especially the background - fantastic and a great card for your friend. Fablous choice of papers.

luv
irene
xxxx

Dawn said...

Hiya Beryl
Wow gorgeous image and love the papers - it's a great male card - you friend will love it!


hugs
Dawn
xx

craftimamma said...

Looks like the perfect image for your friend and those papers compliment if perfectly.

Very prudent of you to chop that quote off Beryl, Lol!

Lesley Xx

sue law said...

Great image Beryl...I'm sure he'll love it!
thanks for joining in with the tanda teaser.
suex

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl
This image would be perfect for my eldest Grandson - he's 15 and absolutely biking-mad. Love the design of your card and the buckle is superb.
Love, Sylvia xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant image and makes a fabulous men's card.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

wow!! Just Fab! what a great image!

Marimer said...

Precioso card y bellisima cita, felicidades. Bss

lisa said...

What a great card for a man, Beryl. I love that image. Your buckle is great too. I might have to invest in those dies!!

Lisax

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

Great male card, such a difficult theme as well all know !

Nice accent across the bottom with the slide.

B x

Scrappymax said...

Beautiful card Beryl just perfect for a cyclist as that photo is stunning. Great buckle and I love the papers you have used.
Max x

having a {me} day said...

This is a great man's card. Love the colours and the fab image. kxx

Anne said...

A really fantastic card and just perfect for your friend. Hugs x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Beryl
Ann x

Ann said...

What a great card, lovely image, glad you found something for a male and yes they are hard to make cards for, for my hubbies birthday in May my lovely friend on IOW (Mandi) helped me with a superimposed photograph of him as James Bond (!) for his card.
hagd
Ann

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Loving this creation.

Great colours and photograph and your buckle die is delicious. Might have to keep my eyes open for this!

Thank you for your lovely comments whilst I have been away on holibobs.

Take care.

Love Jules xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A fabulous image and a great man card! Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!