Thursday, 29 October 2009

A Card for Kim


This week's challenge on the Daring Cardmakers blog is to use at least 5 of your favourite crafting 'things'. My first is the stamp - which I bought knowing I would probably never use it - I just had to have that image - and lo and behold - my hairdresser is having a baby so I get to use it after all. The second is the swing she sits on which is from My Craft Studio - I only have a few of their CDs but I love what you can do with the programme. The third are the nestie labels - I don't think I need to explain why they are a favourite. Then we go onto the flowers, four are my Retro punches and five my large leaf punch. Six is the trim down the side which I got at a market down South earlier this year. Not seen anything like it round here so Kim is very lucky to have a little of it on her card - and last seventh - the bp which is from lovely Joanna Sheen cd set - Baby Love. Oh, how could I forget eight - my well loved Promarkers used to colour the WOJ image.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

18 comments:

Debbie said...

A wonderful card Beryl the image is gorgeous and I love all of the beautiful detailing.I am sure kim will be thrilled with it! Debbie x

Lynda said...

Hi Beryl, your card is so beautiful and love the elegant colours. Kim will love it. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week.

Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Beryl, looking on down your blog I see that you've posted a few since my last visit. I hope you don't mind accepting this one comment on them all on this occasion (as you know I've been a bit occupied these last few weeks! lol!)
With every card I see I feel even more lucky that you agreed to join my DT.
Ann x

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Beryl, a very sweet!
Clairexx

Juls said...

this is just beautiful! Love the gorgeous soft colours you have used! so glad you got an oppertunity to use the stamp! hugs Juls

Kathy said...

This is so pretty, and you're tight, that Nesties Label is fab - so why don't I have it? lol
thanks for joining in with the DCM this week

Jackie said...

Absolutely fab card Beryl, I'm sure Kim will love it.

brenda said...

Me again Beryl, missed this one first time round, but isn;t it so sweet. Love everything you ahve done with it and the soft colours so go with the image.

B x

Chrissie said...

Such a gorgeous card Beryl and I can understand why you had to get that stamp, it's just lovely.

lisa said...

Isn't she beautiful Beryl. I love the way you've put her on the swing from the CD, that's so clever. Those Nestie labels are just fantastic too. I have two of the other styles, but I may just have to add these too, I love them to bits.
Your hairdresser will be thrilled with her card.

Lisax

craftimamma said...

A beautiful card Beryl! The image is gorgeous and I love the colours you've chosen. Everything is so pretty.

Lesley Xx

Scrappymax said...

This is beautiful Beryl, I too love this image but have held off buying as I thought I would never use it. I love the softness of this card and and I can see why you love those nesties.
Max x

craftimamma said...

This is such a gorgeous card Beryl and a beautiful image. I love how you've pulled all the elements together and made such a pretty card.

Lesley Xx

pinky said...

Lucky Kim, she is going to treasure this Beryl. Love that stamp and the swing and your lace trim is just gorgeous.
Pinky

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ooooh Beryl - this is so beautiful - I can see why these are your favourite crafting items. Your choice of colours is perfect, and I love that gorgeous stamp.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Beryl this is just so beautiful it looks so calming and I adore the flowers and colours

Hugs
Lorraine x

having a {me} day said...

This is beautiful! Love the soft pretty colours and that gorgeous lace. Your hairdresser will love it, I'm sure. kxx

Shirley said...

She is lovely!