
This week Lorraine (Coldwaters2) is hosting the challenge for Digital Tuesday - so I just had to have a go. The challenge is 'Things with Wings' and I chosen to use this butterfly image which is a freebie from Patti Picklicious. I've printed it out twice, once on light card and once on vellum. I've coloured both with Copics and then sprayed with Crafters Companion glitter spray. It's a bit messy on the vellum and takes quite a while to dry. The background behind the butterfly was made by squishing two colours of pearlescent glue on the card and then putting it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder when dry. The greeting label is a Wizard die and the ribbon from my stash. The bp is from my Graphicus Guild pack and it took me quite some to to decide to actually use it. I still feel a bit faint.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx
22 comments:
Hope your feeling a bit better after using that gorgeous paper, Beryl. It was well worth it, it works with your card beautifully. I love the cuttlebugged background.
Lisax
Just gorgeous Beryl - well worth using the paper on. Breath deeply you'll be okay.
Ann xxx
Ooooh Beryl that is fantastic, love the Butterfly, and the gorgeous colours of the background papers and the piece you have put through the Cuttlebug.
Pat xx
Oh Beryl I am over the moon that you decided to have a go with the challenge this week it means so much to me and all of us at DT. I find your creation..... breathtaking....that butterfly looks so real that it just seems to be resting before take off, the technique with the pearlescent glue is awesome and you have used one quality backing paper.....I hope you didn't faint but must honestly say this wonderful creation has had the same affect on me. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Big Hugs
Lorraine x
Definitely worth taking the plunge and using that paper Beryl. This card is lovely and everything works perfectly together.
Your colouring of the butterfly is great.
Lesley Xx
Wow Beryl, this is beautiful. I love your colourscheme, especially the colours you've acheived on the cuttled piece. I've never heard of pearlescent glue - sounds intresting. The paper sets the tone perfectly, just do a few breathing excercise lol
Beryl x
Hi Beryl
Gorgeous colours, and I like the techniques you've used - thanks for sharing the details. Fabulous card!
Sylvia xx
gorgeous card, wonderfu papers and lovely butterfly.
luv
Debby
A gorgeous card Beryl, I love the beautiful colurs and the textures...and the butterfly is so pretty....a really touchy feely card! Debbie x
This is just gorgeous Beryl, it looks so elegant!
I'm not surprised you felt faint sweetie, have a lie down in a dark room and you'll soon recover lol!
Oooh Beryl,
I love the shades aand colours you have used but the star in the crown has to be that wonder butterfly. It is beautiful. What a great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Gorgeous card as always Beryl. I love the colour combination and the bp is great.
This is beautiful Beryl, a lovely card
Clairex
Really worth cutting into that beautiful paper. Now you can admire it rather than just stroke it. Beautiful.
Hugs
Sandra x
Stunning card. Love it loads.
Jane xx
WOW! WOW! WOW! This is a stunner Beryl - the paper certainly wasn't sacrificed in vain. (Can I stop fanning you now?? lol!)
Ann x
Hello Beryl
So gorgeous, I love it. The colours are amazing, love the idea of cuttling. The butterfuly is perfect.
luv
irene
xxxx
Beryl, I just love what you did with this card. It is very lovely and the colors coordinate between the elements so well. I particularly like the butterfly and the "squishy" pearlescent square that the butterfly is mounted on. You did a wonderful job. Hugs!
Beautifuk Beryl, super colours, patterns and texture and a flutterby of course.
B x
Absolutely beautiful, colours , style and image. janex
This is beautiful Beryl.
Thanks so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday.
Lora x
oh, this is so beautiful!!!
love your background!!
Thanks you for playing along at Digital Tue!
Blessings, Maria
Post a Comment