Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Acetate and Stars


I tried to upload this card yesterday but no matter which way I rotated it in my photo programme, blogger turned it on it's side. So, I gave up and took another photo of it today and 'voila'. It loaded first time. It happened to me once before so I don't know if it's a particular property in the piccie that blogger doesn't like - it's a mystery. Anyway, I made the image in Daisy Trail and printed it onto acetate. It was so faint that I decided to print it again - this time on a piece of Funky Fairies paper and then layered it up. I cut the base card back to the scalloped border and then put another piece of card (with the image on it ) inside to fold. It's finished off with some gems and ribbon. I'm entering this in the Daring Card Makers challenge which this week is titled 'I Can See Clearly Now' - the idea being to have something either 'see through' or reflective on your card.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

13 comments:

Jacqui - Crafty Cardz - The Freebie Gatherers said...

Lovely card Beryl... good luck :)

brenda said...

Hi Beryl - adn before you ask, yes the fen gate is definately open today - very widely by the feel of it here today - It's perishing.

I am so pleased (in the nicest way possible) to read about your issues with uploading this card. It happens to me sometimes and it is so frustrating and as with you I end up taking another photo because blogger is insitent of turning it round.

My other big gripe with blogger is that sometimes on a post it will not let you leave a space between paragraphs amd every time you post reverts to making the whole post one big para. Grrrrrr.

OK, moans over, love cards made with acetate, pain to photograph but add a really nice finish as with this one.

B x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
I love this one. I haven't done much with acetate and I admire anyone who uses it. Beautiful card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Juls said...

gorgeous card! Love the acetate! very stylish and luxurious!

pinky said...

Beryl this is gorgeous, love the blue tones. Haven't worked with accetate much myself but this is just so pretty. Don't talk to me about blogger, he's being good its my damn computer! Have ran so many different scans and still it takes ages to open and says my virtual memory is too low! Sigh....
Pinky

craftimamma said...

Lovely card Beryl. Love the layered effect.

Lesley Xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Beryl this is just so beautiful I love the colours and the stars it is really effective. I had mega problems the other day with uploading my cards onto blogger just couldn't do it using Internet Explorer since I update to version 8 it just seems that blogger and IE8 are just not compatiable so I had to change my browser.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl K said...

This is absolutely stunning Beryl, I love it.
Beryl x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Beryl, we can't live with technology at times but then we can't live without it!!!! I seem to have a problem bonding with a newish camera. No matter what I do I can't seem to take perfect photos. Don't mention the fact that every 2-3 days it needs its batteries charging and when the batteries are charging you can't upload any photos!!! Needless to say I splashed out on Monday on some more rechargeable camera batteries.

This is a fab card. I love the way you have stamped onto acetate. I have to admit I haven't tried this on my current printer and must try it one day.

Best wishes, Kym xxx

Lythan said...

this is a cleverly done and beautiful card. thanks for Daring this week :)

Lynda said...

A very beautiful card Beryl - fabulous stamping too. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card.....I love using acetate.
Thanks for taking part in my candy give away :)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Beryl, it must be gorgeous in real life
Ann x