Saturday, 31 October 2009

By the Cute and Girly # 2





How time Flies. We're on Challenge #2 at By the Cute and Girly already and the theme this month is 'Winter Wonderland'. We're hoping you'll join us and share your Winter makes with us. There are 4 prizes each month -
One for the team's favourite card
One for the team's favourite scrapbook page
One for the team's favourite non card item - box, garment, calender - anything you've made and
One which is drawn by Randon Number Generator.
This means you're in with a chance of winning a prize whatever you choose to enter.

My first piece is a candle that has been sitting on my bedroom windowsill for years - I put it there originally to stop the cat scratching the wallpaper. It was a novelty for her as we had painted walls in the last house. I stamped the text and holly swirl stamp (Elusive Images) onto tissue paper in Teal Blue Stazon and heat set it onto the candle.Then I added some stick on gems and put glass pebbles in the candle tray.
The second is a card made using Fee J Designs Elegant Ladies CD. I've had it for ages but this is the first time I've used it. If I made this design again I think I would shrink the base image and all the layers in MCS as it was a bit big for my base card and I had to trim the edge off the image.

Do join us if you can. We had a great response last month and it would be lovely if it continued.

Thank you for visiting.
Beryl xx

11 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Wow, what a gorgeous candle, fantastic image and colour. Ohhhhhh your card is fantastic, love the background and the little deer is so cute.

luv
irene
xxxx

Juls said...

just gorgeous! I am always inspired by your creativity!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
These are lovely and so well done. The candle is beautiful and that card is elegant. Wonderful.
I'm sorry I've been missing a fewdays but everything you have posted is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pat said...

Oh Beryl that card is lovely - beautiful image, but your candle is absolutely gorgeous, hope you never have to light it.

Pat xx

Anne said...

Love both your projects Beryl, I really think I need to get down to thinking about Christmas .... how many sleeps now?? Hugs x

Chrissie said...

Love the cande Beryl, you clever girl! Wonderful card too, reminds me of the 'Snow Queen'

pinky said...

Beryl just love that candle, beautiful colour, am definitely going to give that a go. The card is very beautiful and elegant, think I have one of her christmas cds, must get it out. The card is just stunning
Pinky

debby4000 said...

Oh my that candle is stunning and gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Absolutely stunning creations Beryl, thankyou for your wonderful work and lovely caring ways. janex

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning candle and beautiful card. Anesha

lisa said...

These are both gorgeous, Beryl. I really must try stamping onto candles, they look fantastic. I think a trip to Ikea is in order.
My daughter says your lady on the card looks like a princess!! I agree. She's beautiful.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about my photos. I only play really. I tend to take all my flower photos on the macro setting and get down to their level if I can, not easy in weather like this. Hope that helps with your fuschias. Would love to see the results.

Lisax