Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Two Cards - Two Challenges


Two cards today because whilst I was waiting for OH to get off MY computer I finished a card that I had started yesterday. He'll have to wait longer for his tea now. The first is for this week's Cute Daisy May challenge which is a sketch. Daisy May has been coloured with watercolour and ordinary pencils. The backing paper is by Funky Fairies and the Cuttlebugged plate is purple mirror card. The flowers are digi stamps by Ann and have been coloured with Twinkling H2O's.
The leaves and the text plaque are Wizard dies.
The second card is something new for me. The challenge on Just Magnolia this week was to use some sort of stitching on your - either faux or real. I've seen a lot of machine stitching on cards and really like the effect so got my machine out and had a go. I've just gone round the edge - nothing too difficult although I found stitching through paper a lot easier than some fabrics. Now I never thought I'd use one of my Artylicious Guild pack papers on a 'cutie' card but that's what the bp is on this one. The flowers are prima, the swirl a Sissix die and the text Cuddly Buddly.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

31 comments:

Linnie said...

Love your color combo beryl great layout outstanding work on both cards
Thankyou for coming out to play with cute daisy may
luv
linniexxx

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous cards. Love the imagesand the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards beryl,l love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

2 lovely cards, Daisy looks happy on her wall, maybe kitty could join her.janex

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I no you said no more awards, but if you want The Froggie award he's waiting on my blog. janex

Pat said...

I think both these cards are gorgeous. I especially like the Tilda image and the swirl on the second card and the stitching really finishes it off. Lovely.

Pat xx

Carol said...

Love both cards - great stitching I don't own a sewing machine :(
The Elusive papers look really great too

Daisy May card is soo cute love the colours and colouring
Have a great evening

Sammie said...

Wow!!! Your contribution to my Race for Life project arrived today. What stunning cards! I love them all and wouldn't know which to choose if were buying them. Thank you sooooo much -I really appreciate it.
Love,
Sammie

Crafting Queen said...

Hi Beryl, two beautiful cards. I love the papers and colours. Hugs Anesha

Wendy said...

Two lovely cards
Wendy x

lisa said...

Both lovely cards Beryl. Mirricard works so well in the Cuttlebug doesn't it!

Lisax

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome cards Beryl your colour combo on both cards is lovely love the flowers and image on that first card and Tilda looks quite at home among those gorgeous backing papers and stitching.

Hugs
Lorraine x

craftimamma said...

These are both beautiful cards Beryl but Tilda is my favourite. I really love the colour and your stitching sets it off a treat.

Lesley Xx

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards Beryl, I love the spring tones you've used!
Thanks so much for joining us at CDM this week!
Love Becky xx

Beryl K said...

Two beautiful cards Beryl, love the colours and the images
Beryl x

Sandra said...

Hi...two beautiful cards,love the images you have used and your colour schemes too,great take on our sketch this week,thanks for joining us at CDM,
Take care
San x

Enfys said...

I love this Beryl, really pretty colour combo. Thanks for joining us on CDM this week.
hugs
Enfys x

Anonymous said...

Both absolutely gorgeous cards Beryl, I've used artylicious papers on a few of my CDM cards now and have been surprised at how well some of them work with cute (don't know why I should be really. I love how you've made the flowers look, they're just perfect on this card.
Love the colour combo on the Tilda card. Thanks for joining us at CDM this week
Ann x

Rach said...

beautiful.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Beryl
Thanks for the comments on my darling Daisy. So glad you like the award, surprisingly he's gone down really well. About the faces, on images, I've discovered copic markers, cult pens on the web does free delivery if over 2 pounds, E00 and E11 plus R20 works a treat. Warning you'll want them all.janex

Bev said...

So pretty! Love your choice of papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week. x

Mina said...

two really pretty cards Beryl...your Tilda is so lovely...thank you for joining in the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Both beautiful cards Beryl and Ann's digi stamp flowers look fabulous!

CraftyC said...

Lovely cards Beryl, very sweet!
Clairex

AliMayes said...

Two lovely cards Beryl, you do cute really well. You asked how long it took me to produce my latest digital work and I suppose it was about an hour although I didn't really pay much attention! I'll take more notice when I do the next one and time myself.
Ali xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Glad you got your pens I know you'll love them , if you look on the last followers on my blog there is a lady with a child, her name is Claudia Rosa, on her blog are copic colouring tutorials. janex

Rainbow Lady said...

Fab cards Beryl as always and lovely colouring. Thanks for playing with Daisy May this week. Love Cynthia x

Chrissie said...

Such gorgeous cards Beryl! I don't think I could choose a favourite as they are both adorable.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hi Beryl thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
i hope you have found help?
i think your coloring is great!!!
your cards are super cute


if you remember who told you about my blog would you please tell me? i would love to drop a line saying thank you

have a great weekend
hugs
claudia

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Beryl rain again hey, thanks for telling Claudia about me I'm a bit of a fan of hers, she thanked me as well, so sweet. I have also got a confession to make. That card with the teen boy, is all fake stiching , I fooled a few people. I'm rubbish with a sewing machine, it runs away with me , so I use a tracing wheel and a fine liner , in my case a copic multiliner, works a treat and a lot less hassle,try it and see. janex (I'm such a crafting anorak)

Dawn said...

Hiya Beryl

Oooh gorgeous cards - love the papers and colours you have used.

Love your new Puss Cat photos what an amazing environement for your puss cat.

Hugs
Dawn
xx