It's challenge number 131 over on the Tanda Stamps blog and the theme is 'Ink it Up'. This is my first 8 x 8 card - something I've been meaning to try for a long time so, as this butterfly stamp from Inkadinkadoo is quite large, I thought this would be the one. I stamped and embossed it with Cosmic Shimmer Aurora EP and then coloured with distress inks using Cut'n'Dry nibs. I stamped the U-mount swirls with Memento London Fog and then inked the background with Shabby Shutters distress inks. Used a large nesties label die to cut it and then made slighter larger mat from gold mirri card. The embossed panel is silver mirri card, inked up with three shades of alcohol inks and then put through the paisley embossing folder. The bp is from my Graphicus Guild papers and the large flower is stamped and cut out from Elusive Images stamps onto ds scrapbook paper. You can't see in the piccie but I've used alternate sides of the paper to layer the flowers up. The small flowers were punched with my Nellie Snellen punches and layered up the same. I also inked the edges of the flowers with Versamark and gold embossed them, then added a spacer to the centre of each. I also decided to add a little glitter to the butterfly as it's going to be for my friends birthday and I know she likes things blingy and sparkly.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

12 comments:
Wow Beryl you have used so many different techniques in this one, never even heard of cut n dry nibs! I love that butterfly, beautiful coloured and all the embossing is so effective.
Pinky
wow this is gorgeous!! Love the butterfly!! Hugs Juls! Hugs Juls
Wonderful card, lovely that butterfly image. Have a great day. Hugs anesha
I've had a lovely catch up, Beryl. You've been so busy this week. I love the metal look embossing, it looks brilliant and the scruch paper on your horse card is lovely, very Stampmanesque!!
I love what you've done with this inkadinkadoo butterfly, I've got this stamp too but only ever just ink it up and use it without being coloured in, but it looks fantastic with the inks, I really must have another play. Your flowers are lovely too, those punches look fab.
Lisax
Hi Beryl,
Wow! this card is astonishing. A very special card for a special day. This is classy. The butterfly and flowers are fantastic.
Hugs,
Fiona x
I'm sure your friend is going to love this Beryl, it's beautiful. I love those 'Mindscape' stamps and the layered flowers are gorgeous too.
Lesley Xx
WOW Beryl, this is a gorgeous work of art. You have used so many techniques making this and I am sure your friend will love it. I know I would.
Loving the butterfly, my favourite sort of stamp
Christine xx
Are you sure you didn't get inky fingers!? I know I would with all that ink going on! Great card Beryl!
Thanks for joining in with our Teaser this week!
Sue
x
Fantastic there Beryl...so many techniques and products you managed to get in there. You are a great example for the rest of us to aim for. Great card and love the butterfly image. It is wonderful. Happy hugs, Martha
all the detail and stamping effects make for a really beautiful card Beryl.
janex
Fab card Beryl, love the flowers! Hugs xx
This is just gorgeous! Reminds me of a beautiful brocade fabric. Love the butterfly.
Post a Comment