Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Sketch and Stash Challenge #27


This is my card made using the sketch for the current Sketch and Stash challenge. Most of the elements in this are 'new' or unused. The bp's are a mixture of Crafters Companion (never used before) and Funky Fairies. The cross stitch isn't real. It's just drawn on with a fine line marker pen. The blocks round the edge of the peach piece are stamped on. The strip across the bottom is from a Joanna Sheen paper pad which I've had for ages and not used before. The WOJ stamp I have used before. This time I've coloured it with Inktense Pencils - I didn't have them when I last used this stamp - so that probably qualifies as 'neglected'. The really new element is the flower embellishment  which has been punched with my Nellie Snellen punches, which only arrived on Saturday. I saw them first on Jem's blog and they are brilliant as they punch and then emboss.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

21 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is gorgeous. Beautiful papers and colours and an adorable image so beautifully coloured. I love ethe flowers and embellies. It's fabulous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is just gorgeous Beryl, I tend to shy away from using several patterned papers on the same card but you really know how to do it.
Ann x

Crafting Queen said...

Fab card Beryl! Love the flowers and the papers used. Anesha :)

PixieHouse Creations said...

wow beautiful card Beryl,love the papers you have used not seen them before,and the image is just sooo cute
clever cross stitch i like it!
wendy xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ooooh - this is fabulous Beryl. Love the way you've brought everything together, and that green border paper is stunning!
Great faux stitching and block stamping too.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Beryl, Love those flowers and your colour choice
Beryl x

lisa said...

Evening Beryl, I'm sorry I haven't visited lately, I know what you mean about the year flying already.
You've made some beautiful cards, I love the black and sparkly one, what lovely EP and this is gorgeous. The cross stitch is so effective, it looks real and the WOJ images are always one of my favourites. Your colours remind me of spring, which I hope is just round the corner!!
Happy Crafting

Lisax

craftimamma said...

This card is wonderful Beryl. I love those background papers, especially the daisy one. I've not seen those punches before but they do look great.

Lesley Xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Beryl this is one beautiful card the colours are fabulous and I love that stitching it doesn't look faux and that image is gorgeous I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anne said...

Fantastic Beryl, love it. Hugs x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the sweet image and the papers.
luv
Debby

Jane's Blogs said...

Love it ... and those flowers are just so cute.

Jane xx

Martha said...

Hey there Beryl,
Love how you coordinated shapes in this card. The daisies and the scallops jive, the hand-drawn cross stitching in several places, and the colors work together really well. You made a really great girly card and emptied your stash a little...LOL! Love and hugs, Martha

Juls said...

this is so gorgeous!! Love the image! the fab papers and colours, and all those gorgeous gorgeous flowers!! stunning creation!! Hugs Juls

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

Fabulous card Beryl, and I love your choice of papers, tricky to use but you have done this beautifully.

luv
irene
xxxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Beryl
Lovely image and the papers are so pretty, your flowers look great, glad you like them.
Can't vacumn at home , have to at church though! janex

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Beryl.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Beryl I love the flowers and those beautiful DP thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Jackie said...

Ooh, I love everything about this card...it's gorgeous.

having a {me} day said...

This is so pretty! Gorgeously coloured image and all the elements put together so beautifully. kxx