Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Glitter? - Bah Humbug!


It's the third challenge already on the Bah Humbug challenge blog. Where's this year going? I know - same place as the last one. This week they want to see some glitter on our creations so I stamped the U-Mount image with Versamark and embossed with disco black ep. Then glittered the roof, window sills and the ground with a holographic glitter - which means - that although it hardly shows up here - irl the colours in the glitter change as it catches the light.(Perhaps it would have showed if the sun had been out today but no such luck.) I cut out the image with a Wizard label die and made a slightly larger one of silver mirri card
 (Bev Rochester style - thanks Bev.) The bp is from the same Dovecraft pack I was using for my Christmas cards - there's loads left so I guess I'll be using it for next years cards too. The sentiment stamp is a freebie from a magazine and was also embossed with the dicos black ep.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

18 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
I love this vintage looking card. It really is olde world. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pat said...

Stunning card Beryl, love the image you have used. Know what you mean about needing sunshine for taking the photo's.

Pat xx

Martha said...

Beryl, I just love the old houses and the way you chose to showcase them. Great idea and one I will put in my file for the future. I like the black and white but with the embossing and glitter, you put it way over the top. Great card! Hugs, Martha

craftimamma said...

I agree with Pat, that is a lovely image and a lovely card. Well done again, Beryl.

Lesley Xx

pinky said...

Lovely card Beryl, love the olde worlde feel to it and love the way you have layered it up. Having a lot of bother with sinuses at the minute, terrible headaches etc, its really slowing me down lol.
Pinky

Annie said...

This is fabulous Beryl - love that stamp and how you have used it is really effective.
I have loads of that paper too - think we maybe using it for many years to come - there seems to be tons in each pack.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! - lovely to see your work each week.
ann xxx

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Beryl, great image
Clairex

Christine said...

A lovely card Beryl, like the look of black and white for your image.
Christine xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is wonderful Beryl that image is awesome

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anne said...

Stunning Beryl, very classy. Hugs xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Beryl - love the way you've used that beautiful stamp
Claire xx

Crafting Queen said...

Fab card, striking. Anesha :-)

Beryl K said...

This is beautiful Beryl. Love the black and white style, very striking
Beryl x

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous card Beryl
Ann x

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Oh my what a fabulous card, I love the image, especially in black and white, it's gorgeous.

Thank you for joining in again at Bah!Humbug! and for displaying our Loyalty Banner.

luv
irene
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous Beryl - that stamp looks amazing. Tess x

Jackie said...

Those old buildings remind me of a street we stayed in in Worcester a couple of years ago. Another lovely creation.

having a {me} day said...

My, you have been busy this week! Sorry to have been awol, I have been working all hours. Yet another gorgeous card from you. I just loved that building, what fun to live there! I can just imagine how it looks in all its sparkliness! kxx