For my card I've used Ann's digi stamp Rosebud and Posy - using just the posy. I coloured it with Inktense pencils and backed it onto a paper from the Abstract Earth Tones collection in Ann's shop.
For the metal element I have used some cheap silver card - put it through the Cuttlebug and distressed it with black acrylic paint. It's the first time I've tried this technique which was in the Craft Stamper magazine a couple of months ago. I also made the corners from the same piece of card. The swirly paper is from Sharon Duncan's embossibilites cd and the ribbon is from my stash. The embellishment was made from a Cuttlebug die and a flower using my new Nellie Snellen punches.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

11 comments:
Gorgeous work Beryl - I love how you've coloured the image and the paper you've chosen to back it works perfectly. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading what you did to pull it altogether too. What you did to the silver card has made it suitable for the current Ooh-la-la challenge too by the way.
Ann x
Great card Beryl, love that metal technique it's really effective.
Beryl x
Not sure if my comment went through before so sending it again.
The is another lovely card Beryl. Embossing and distressing the metallic card is a brilliant technique isn't it? I love your springlike colours on the image too.
Lesley Xx
Hi Beryl,
This is awesome. I love the colour combo and the embossing is fantastic. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Excellent card beryl. Love the different textures you have created. Tess x
Lovely Berly, you have used some lovely techniques in this. Like the acrylic paint technique, saw it in craft stamper too,and that background paper really does look embossed!
pinky
Just gorgeous!! Love all the embossed detail! Hugs Juls
This is beautiful Beryl love the colour of the roses and that metal embossed effect is terrific.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Very pretty. I don't use my CB folders nearly as much as I should!
Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog but what did you mean about the MS punch one? xx
Beryl, I really like your take on using the "faux" metal here. Which folder design did you use on it? You didn't say and I LIKE IT! I also think the metal corners are a nice way to add some details that carry out the theme. Great card! Happy hugs, Martha
Oh WOW! I love your 'metal element' Beryl, it looks so real. You've really inspired me with this, I will have to try it at some stage. I will dig my old magazines out! keeleyxx
Post a Comment