Monday, 4 January 2010

Rainbow Lady's First Challenge of 2010



I saw this image while blog hopping the other night and 'just had to have it'. I had no idea if or when I'd be using it but then remembered my friend's daughter is expecting. Three baby cards in fairly quick succession is very unusual for me as my lot finished having babies years ago. The stamp is a digi one from Sketching Stamper and the bp is from Joanna Sheen's Baby Love cd. The flowers are punched from different papers. I can't decide if it needs anything else. I'd love to 'pile it on' but it doesn't look right when I do so it's a bit minimal. I'm entering it in Rainbow Lady's challenge which this week has 'NEW' as the theme. New stamp for a new baby. I think it fits.
Thanks very much for visiting..
Beryl xx

25 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really sweet card, lovely image. Happy New Year. Anesha

Christine said...

Happy New Year Beryl,
Such a beautiful card and the image is how I remember a pram should be. Personally I think it's fine as it is.
Christine xx

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

Baby cards are not something I do too often either, although with the wedding later in the year who knows what might follow ?

A very pretty card anyhow.

B x

Linnie said...

Beryl i adore your card i just looove this image
luv
linniexxx

craftimamma said...

I think you've hit just the right amount of embellishments Beryl. It's a beautiful card. That image reminds me of the lovely Silver Cross pram I had when my son was born. It had to go when my daughter was born though as I couldn't get it in the boot of a mini, Lol!

Lesley Xx

Ann Whitfield said...

I often think minimal is better Beryl and I don't think this needs anything else, It's a gorgeous card.
Ann x

Scrappymax said...

Aah this is beautiful Beryl and I know what you mean, the image is adorable.
Happy New Year.
Max x

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Oh this is gorgeous, I love the image and how you have coloured it in. I like your little touches, the music notes and bids.

luv
irene
xxxx

Rainbow Lady said...

Gorgeous Beryl I too love that pram even though I don't 'do' babies. Happy New Year and thanks for playing again Love Cynthia x

Wendy said...

Hi Beryl, you have added some beautiful cards since my last visit.
Happy New Year
Wendy x

Pat said...

Beautiful card Beryl, love the background paper and the image is so sweet.

Pat xx

Dawn said...

Happy New Year Beryl...

hope you had a great time.

Love your image, adorable card!

hugs
Dawn
xx

pinky said...

Nice to see you back at it again mrs! This is just lovely, what a gorgeous image, you know I have that cd somewhere, must hoke it out. If it were me I would have to add a big bow, love bows on baby cards.
Pinky

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - beautiful card and your colouring is perfect. I agree with you Beryl - it really didn't need lots of extra embellishments - it's perfect just as it is! Wishing you a happy 2010.
Love, Sylvia xxx

coldwaters2 said...

How beautiful is this then Beryl I can see why you had to have that image is is lovely as is your design I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Beryl,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marcea said...

This is beautiful hun, such a sweet image. Gorgeous papers and details too
-x-

Claire said...

Lovely card Beryl, its just perfect as it is - so pretty
xx

Beryl K said...

Wow Beryl, this is just gorgeous. Love that stamp - they don't make many prams like that anymore do they.
Beryl x

Ann said...

Such a pretty card Beryl, and a REAL pram as well.
your cards are beautiful.
Ann x

lisa said...

This is beautiful Beryl, just perfect as it it.
It looks like a Silver Cross pram. I remember Mum having one for my sister and they used to be made just up the road. Brings back memories.
Hope you're keeping warm.

Lisax

Juls said...

I love this image so much! and the card you have created with it is just stunning!! Hugs Juls

Annie said...

Love your card Beryl - not surprised you couldn't resist the image.

Ann xxx

having a {me} day said...

This is a lovely baby card Beryl. Doesn't look minimal to me, I guess becuase of the patterned papers which work so well with this. Love the pram image too and the fabulous flowers that you created. keeleyxx PS Can't remember if I've said Happy New Year, if not then I wish you a Happy New Year!

Jackie said...

Love that card. I've been meaning to get that image for ages so I think I will have to now :)