Friday, 29 January 2010

Rainbow Lady's Challenge #87


I made this card with Rainbow Lady's challenge 'Fur and /or Feathers. The stamp is by Serendipity and is stamped in Versafine Onyx black onto a background of silver Cosmic Shimmer mist. I've cut it with my Peoni Wixard die and made a slight larger frame from brown card. The red bp is from a pack by Dovecraft and the panel on the left is Glimmer misted, scrunched and then gold embossed. I didn't realize how much a sheet of A4 shrunk after it's been soaked. Of couse, this wasn't my idea - I copied Jill from The Stampman.
It's finished off with a stamped and embossed greeting and a corner peel off.  The spotty effect on the base card was made using a Stamp in the Hand spotty background stamp. I ended up doing the same border on the back (because I got a spot or two or red on the back while doing the front. So I stamped another horse on the back too.)
I'm thinking this will probably be a 'man' card.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

18 comments:

Claire said...

Fab card Beryl, gorgeous stamp and the background is really beautiful
Claire xx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Beryl,what a beautiful card,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

Another work of art, love the ideas you use (even if they weren't yours lol) the end product is yours and certainly worth being proud of. Might have to try some of your techniques.
Pinky

Beryl K said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Beryl, that image is fabulous. A perfect man card.
Beryl

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This card is special. I love the colours and layout and the horse head image is fantastic, Great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Rainbow Lady said...

My sister in law is mad on horses so she would love this so good for both men and women. Lovely card Beryl great techniques and colors. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow Beryl I am loving this to bits that horse image is wonderful. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog the raffia ribbon stuff I got in the bargain bin at Hobby Craft about 3yrs ago but you can get it in different colours from Quiotix Paperie

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Beryl....that image is gorgeous!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - another beautiful card, and a stunning image. Fabulous!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

starcyl said...

Don't know about a man card Beryl, if I got this in the post I would be over the moon. I think it's lovely and far too good for a man!

Jenny x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great technic and that image is beautiful. janex

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Oh this is fantastic, I love the stamped image, and your paper technique is great. Great use of colours and layout.

luv
irene
xxxx

Dawn said...

Hiya Beryl

Wow oh wow I love that horse stamp, gorgeous card!

Hope you are well

hugs
Dawn
x

Martha said...

Hi, you've been busy! This card is a knockout! The horse is a sweet image and almost "young" looking. Not sure how a "manly man" would take it but a real great card. I wouldn't have thought about shrinkage either. Thanks for the warning! I will have to try the scrunching technique on something. Hugs, Martha

having a {me} day said...

What a beautiful horse image and you've made just the perfect background for him. Love all the glimmer misting, scrunching and embossing, really effective. keeleyxx

Crafting Queen said...

Fab image and love that paper. Left something on my blog for you. Anesha

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

That stamp is super, one I think I should have. Your card all works together so well, the colours, texture and image etc.,

B x

Lavender Rose said...

Wonderful card Beryl, beautiful stamp and the textured gold paper is very effective.