Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Truly Scrumptious Challenge # 9

I've followed the sketch for the Truly Scrumptious current challenge
- well, more or less. When I was attaching the cross band and Glimmer misted piece behind the image I had the card upside down. Whoops!The backing paper is from the Walk in Wonderland CD and the centre band is pearlised paper run through the Cuttlebug. There's also the requirement to have an altered flower on the card. the two middle layers were gray and the back layer a sort of bright magenta so I sprayed them with Glimmer mist to (hopefully) make them tie in with the rest of the card. Now to the image - it's one a quite a few images very kindly sent to me by Lyn,Blackdragon's Crafts. Her work is beautiful and I when commenting on one of her creations I mentioned that I love the Fairy Poppet stamps but didn't think I could do them justice - so hadn't bought any. She promptly sent me an envelope full of images to practise on before committing myself to a purchase and also included a lovely card with a beautifully painted image as a guide. My effort is nowhere near as good as Lyn's but with practise I hope to improve. I used Inktense pencils to colour it. Well, that was a saga. Good job it's a big card.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

11 comments:

Pat said...

Lovely card Beryl, the colours are great and the image is beautiful.

Pat xx

Wendy said...

This is really pretty Beryl
Wendy x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, and your image is coloured really well. Anesha

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Christine said...

Beryl, this is gorgeous and I love your colour choice. How kind of Lyn to send you a few images, I will pop over to her blog to see what stamps/digi images she has.
Hugs
Christine xx

Jane's Blogs said...

Perfect title for this cute card.

Jane xx

blackdragon said...

wonderful.... your colouring is brilliant... glad you using the images...this one is my favourite and you have made it truely special, i'm using this image for the girls birthday cards(monday coming... party sunday... people, kiddies...yuck!!!!)and your christmas card above is stunning.. love it.
love n hugs lynx

Bev said...

So adorable - I think that's my favourite FP image - she's just adorable and you've made a stunner of a card with her x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

well you have more than done this stamp justise, a lovely card, I'm not a fan of adult fairies but these are adorable. janex

Dawn said...

ooh gorgeous rich colours and fantastic colouring Beryl

Thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn
xx

Leo is just adorable - he is one fine cat!!

Phree said...

Wow Beryl, love the dramatic colours you chose, quite a change from the soft pastel sort of colours so many of these fairy cards are done it. Well done you for making a brave colour choice.