You wouldn't believe just how long this card took me to make - and it's only 5" by 5". It's just not my sort of thing and I kept laying pieces of paper here there and everywhere, completely ruined one lot so switched to another colour, but here it is. I didn't want to miss out on Rainbow Lady's challenge to make something with cupcakes on it - especially as she'd given us a fortnight to do it. The challenge on the Cute Daisy May blog this week is to include circles in your creation so I'm going to enter this card in that too. The papers are a download from Crafter's Companion and the stamp a freebie from Craft Stamper (which I thought I'd never use). The circles were cut using my Nestabilities and the blue ribbon and mirror card are from my stash. I have no trouble at all eating cupcakes I might add.Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx
20 comments:
It's a fabulous card Beryl - a great idea for both challenges too
Ann x
Love this the cupcakes look yummy
Wendy x
oh I'd forgotten about that stamp Beryl - it looks great. I really like the border too.
Gosh is it really nearly the closing date for that challenge - oh crikey I'm sinking fast here.
Ann xxx
It turned out well in the end though Beryl!
I know exactly what you mean about 'some' cards. I'm ashamed to say but it took me a week to pull the card together for my Granddaughter's 1st birthday last December and even then I wasn't totally happy.
Lesley Xx
What a gorgeous card Beryl,l love the papers and colours.
Hugs Riet.x
beryl I looove your cupcake card just perfect
great to see you this week on cute daisy may
luv and hugs
linniexxx
Hi Beryl...love your cupcake card,thanks for joining us again this week at CDM,
Take care
San x
Your cupcakes look delicious Beryl and your card is lovely. It may have taken you ages but it was well worth it. The colours are so fresh and bright and I like the way you have used your Nestabilities. Just Beautiful.
Lisax
I love it. Well done.
Jane xx
This is a great take on Cynthia's challenge Beryl, I must admit it has me stumped - I'm not really a cupcake kind of crafter so you won't be surprised that I have this stamp too and haven't used it........
Ann x
Great card.
Thanks for joining us at CDM this week
Lora x
Hiya Beryl
Wow love this - yummy indeed!
Dawn
x
I think it's a fabulous card Beryl even if it did try your patience. I particularly like the colour combination you have used, very effective.
A fabulous cupcake card Beryl I love the gorgeous cupcake border.
I often get stuck for ideas when making cards too...a visit to all my blogging buddies usually gives me lots of ideas and inspiration.
Debbie x
Super card Beryl, cupcakes look good enough to eat! xx
Wow Beryl, what a fabulous card
Beryl x
It's lovely Beryl.
Congrats on winning the challenge on DewDrop Craftz blog :)
hi beryl
your card was worth the effort it does look great, I used that paper a few weeks ago with a magnolia with cupcake stamp.
The puppies are cute, they look black but at 6months will be silver, I think mums mad looking after them.
It was my birthday on sunday, partied saturday and got really bad on gin, never again. I've bought a sewing machine with my birthday money , I think there'll be a few cards in the bin for the next few week. Did you get your tracing wheel, I saw one in hobby craft yesturday.happy crafting. janex
Challenge or not it is a fabulous result Beryl. Thanks for all the effort Love Cynthia x
Fab card Beryl, well done for sticking with the project - the results were worth it.
Post a Comment