Saturday, 6 June 2009

One Card - Three Challenges


Time has been short this week as the garden has been calling and could no longer be ignored. To cap it all, Mr Blogger has been on a go slow this end and yesterday wouldn't load any pages at all for me so I couldn't visit anyone. I hope to have more luck today.
So, I'm hoping I can get away with three challenges using this card. The first is Cute Daisy May, the challenge being to use embossing - the second is the Tanda Teaser - who wanted us to use the resist technique and the third is Rainbow Lady's challenge - 5 a day - to have five items of fruit or veg on our creations and the number 5. (I really don't think this card would suit a five year old so I hope she doesn't mind if I skip that bit.)
The main image is an Elusive Images stamp, embossed with detail white and then sponged over with distress inks. I then sprayed it with Crafters Companion's silver glitter spray. The background paper is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Animals and Nature CD, there a five clumps of peaches and whitecurrants up the border, and the text tag was made using my Nestabilities. The paper lace across the bottom was coloured with Stazon Timber Brown.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card Beryl and well worth waiting for. Thank you for joining in with CDM again this week - and combining challenges is fine :-)
Ann x

lisa said...

This is just lovely Beryl. Your resist technique is stunning.
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Are you using Internet Explorer? A lot of people seem to be having problems with it and I changed to Firefox a couple of weeks ago and have not had any problems since. If you are struggling with IE, try changing your Browser.
Hope this helps.

Lisax

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

wow, what a beautiful effect, it really works and the colours are fabulous. thanks for playing the daisy challenge. janex

Wendy said...

Fab card
Wendy x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Beryl, what a gorgeous card. I love the stamped image with the distress ink pads. I've only got one of these and can see I need some more. Sorry to hear you are having problems getting onto blog pages. I had this about 6 weeks or so ago until my son got me stop using Internet Explorer and use something else. I haven't looked back apart from my FeedBlitz e-mails aren't working as they should but it's a problem with it speaking to blogger. Hope you get back to rights soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Linnie said...

beryl this is stunning i just looove it very inspirational ideas
luv
linniex

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sandra said...

Hi Beryl...beautiful card,gorgeous embossing...thanks for joining us this week at CDM,
Take care
San x

sue law said...

Thanks for joining in the Tanda teaser again Beryl...your resist embossing is georgeous..I have that stamp too and I love it!
sue
x

Jacqui said...

Wow such a lot of work has gone into this card. Looks great.
Jacqui xx (Calexico)
ooh I have just seen a couple of weeds popped up in your garden, quick before they get away!!!!

craftimamma said...

Clever girl Beryl, 3 challenges with one card and it's a beaut!

I love your emboss resist using one of my favourite stamps. Lovely!

Lesley XX

Rainbow Lady said...

Gorgeous card Beryl as always. Love the distressing. Well done for combining the challenges and thanks for playing with Daisy May and doing my challenge too. Love Cynthia x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wonderful work - your resist technique is awesome!

Bev said...

WOW! This is fantastic hun - the stamp you've used is gorgeous x

Phree said...

Fab card Beryl, love the effect you got with embossed EI stamp and Distress Ink background.

blackdragon said...

I love this.... beautiful.
xxx blackdragon xxx

Carol said...

GORGEOUS and thanks for explaining how you created it ....STUNNING

TC
Cadge

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning background, love it. Anesha

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, love the colours you've used over the embossing, very rich.
Glenda