Monday, 15 June 2009

One card - two digi challenges


Over on the Rainbow forum Ann has set us a challenge using one of her lovely digi stamps (which can be found Here) and a couple of her backing papers. I'm posting it on here because a.) I'm having trouble posting it on the forum and b.) it fits in with the challenge on Stampin for the Weekend which is to use a digi stamp. I took the liberty of tiling Ann's apple border onto her backing papers in MCS and lightly coloured the apples with pencils. The apple bowl was also coloured with pencils and then the apples glazed with glossy accents. The paper lace was from my stash and the sentiment from Serendipity stamps - a quote by Charles Dickens.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Beryl! This is a beautiful card! The apples are gorgeous and I love how tyou coloured them and added to the background, I love the shade. The quote is wonderful and very true, too.

Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)

Vanja

Nicola said...

Wow your colouring is fantastic on this pretty bowl of fruit Beryl and those papers are so pretty. What a beautiful sentiment and perfect for your gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you will play along with us next week too.
Nicola -x-

AliMayes said...

That's a lovely card Beryl, I love the apple that has escaped from the bowl! - it's fun to see how different all our interpretations are isn't it?
Ali xx

Wendy said...

Lovely card Beryl
Wendy x

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Beryl. Your colouring is fabulous and I love how you've used the small border stamp to create a backing paper.
Ann x

Jen said...

Gorgeous soft colours and I love that paper lace. The sentiment fits the image perfectly.
Thanks for joining the SFTW challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Beryl this is a beauty not only do I love the apples (just finished eating one as it happens lol) and the background tiling effect but that sentiment as well fabby job.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kimmi said...

Fab card and great that your combining it for another challenge! Seen these apples and think they are great! Lovely colours and the paper lace border is fab!

Thanks for joining us at SftW this week

Kimmi

Christine said...

A lovely card Beryl, you have captured the apples so well, they look good enough to eat.
I am still working on my interpretation
Hugs
Christine xx

Christine said...

Beryl, this is lovely with beautiful colouring. The apples look good enough to eat.
Hugs
Christine xx

Ida / Little said...

Hi Beryl, this is such a beautiful card, the apples look fab, I really like the coloring :) Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week :)

Hugs Ida

Dawn said...

Another gorgeous card - brilliant colouring Beryl..


Dawn
x

crafty amy said...

Brilliant card I love the sentiment and the way you have made the backing paper. Your layout is fab too :)

Thank you for joining us at stampin for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Rita said...

What a fabulous card Beryl, and the fruit looks good enough to eat. Hugs Rita xxx

Pop's Cards said...

HI Beryl, love what you have done here, the top and bottom border looks fab, you have coloured it so well too...

Thanks for joining us at SFTW hugs Pops x

Vicki said...

You've created a really lovely card here Beryl, the paper lace is so pretty and a great idea to use glossy accents on the apples, they look good enough to eat....yum yum!!! Thank you for taking part witht his weeks challenge over at SFTW, good luck xx vicki xx

Donna said...

Another lovely card this week Beryl, you've done a superb job on coloring those apples, and I really love your paper lace you've used to break up the papers. And what a lovely sentiment you've used.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a lovely day..
Donna xx

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Beryl, the bowl of apples looks so scruumy. Thanks for taking part in SFTW
Clairex