Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Wobbly Stitching



I'm entering this card into two challenges. The CD Sunday challenge which this week is a colour challenge - Chocolate, Cream and one other. For my other colour I have chosen turquoise. The papers and dress form are from the Decadent Brocade cd, the flower, buttons and raffia from my stash and the tag made from the paper I printed the dress forms onto, stamped with some Inkadinkadoo swirls and inked with Distress Old Paper and Brushed Corduroy. I then backed the tag with some brown card to strengthen it and paper pieced another form over the original. I distressed the edge of the bp (as well as you can with a craft knife) and did some faux stitching with a fine marker pen. It's probably about as neat as it would have been had I done it with a needle and thread! That's where the other challenge comes in. I'm entering it into Crafty Ann's challenge - Stitching or Faux Stitching.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

25 comments:

brenda said...

I absolutely love this Beryl.

The brown and aqua colour combo is one I find myself gravitating to so often, it has a habit of giving very pleasing result.

Until I read again, I didn't realise it was fax stitching, so well done, it looks great.

B x

Claire said...

I love these colours Beryl, a really gorgeous card with those scrummy fibres and the swirly stamping too. Your stitching looks fab
Claire xx

Janet said...

Love your design and colour combination. I do not think you can beat turquoise with brown and cream.
Super card.

Janet xx

Crafting Queen said...

What a wonderful card, great design.

Jocelyn said...

Love the colours on this Brenda, they work perfectly together. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Sue said...

Hi hun
this is just beautiful i luv the colour combo, lovely design, gorgeous embelies, sue,x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love this stylish card Beryl,those colours are so great together,must try them myself.Stitching looks fab too, thought it was for real. janex

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous colour combination Beryl, and the dress form is gorgeous. Love all the embellishments and the way you have arranged them - the tag idea is such a nice way to add an image - it gives extra dimension to the card.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Carol said...

What a fab card Beryl. There is so much interest and I just love that turquoise splash of colour. Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
Cd Sunday DT

Christine B. said...

Gorgeous card Bryl, really love the colours and image. I've never heard of that CD will have to see if I can google it.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Beryl, love the stitching.
luv
Debby

craftimamma said...

Adore the colour combination Beryl and the components you have used to make this gorgeous card are lovely. Definitely my sort of card!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Irene said...

Fabulous Vintage card Beryl, I love the touch of turquoise and your brill tag.
luv
irene
xxxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card.

Margaret

lisa said...

Love the turquoise and brown, Beryl, a lovely combination and your tag is beautiful. Well done on the distressing, you are really getting into the swing of it now, watch out, you'll be distressing everything before long. Love the stitching too. I thought it was real at first!!
Hugs Lisax

pinky said...

This is just stunning Beryl, the colour combination is gorgeous. I love the tag itself, beautiful background stamping. A real grown up girly card.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this card Beryl, and the colours you've used for it.

Sue x

Ann Whitfield said...

A fabulous card Beryl, the colours are gorgeous and your faux stitching is very realistic. I'm so pleased you could join us again.
Ann x

Christine said...

Definately a WOW design Beryl. I love your other colour choice.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

gorgeous card, love the turq with the brown, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

Juls said...

wow this is stunningly beautiful! hugs Juls

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Perfect card and thanks for sharing. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

Cazro said...

Congratulations on winning the challenge. Your card is a stunner, well deserved winner. Caz

Jackie said...

this is just beautiful Beryl. I love your colour choice and the image/stamps used are absolutely gorgeous. xx