Thursday, 17 May 2012

Inky Tag (and fingers)


Rainbow Lady's challenge this week is 'Lets Get Inky'.
Well I certainly have -  and I've got to go out tonight so I'll probably end up using bleach on my hands.
After several attempts going in the bin - each one totally different from the others, I settled on making a tag - if it goes on a card at some stage it will have to be an 8 x 8 or an A5 card coz I just went for it without measuring. For the background I used Radiant Rain Colour concentrates Sky and Yellow Rose. I know - where's the yellow? Well as I had forgotten, and was reminded when I was blending - yellow and blue make green. Brilliant - I don't have a green and now I don't have to buy one. I'll have to see what other colours I can come up with mixing the 5 colours I've got.
The main stamp is a Clarity one and the feint script (I used Stone Grey Stazon) is Old French Writing by Hero Arts. A couple of butterflies from a Cardio set and some inking through some sequin waste to finish off. Then I painted over the whole tag with Paper Artsy Metallic Glaze.
The two colours of ribbon were some cream grosgrain coloured with Promarkers, the button and flower from my stash.
I hope you'll come and join in this week. Sales of bleach could go up this week - unless someone can tell me a better way of cleaning inky hands.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx



18 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What glorious colours you created with your experiments Beryl - love the rich blue and green and the beautiful stamping.

Bleach is the only thing that works for me on inky fingers - Staz-on Cleaner works on finger nails, but not on skin. Use lashings of hand cream after bleaching though. Have a great night out - hugs, Sylvia x

Crafting Queen said...

Super tag, love the colours you achieved.

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
oh this is gorgeous i luv the colours, fabulous blending, great image, sue,x

Christine B. said...

Beryl what an absolutely gorgous tag. Love the colours and the stamping. I haven't got any of the radient rains but they look very useful. Thank for your lovely comment on my blog. Take care hugs x ChrisB

craftimamma said...

This is wonderful Beryl. I love the green you've created and must say I've never heard of Radiant Rain Colour concentrates ......... Oh, but I live a sheltered life, lol! The teensy butterflies are sweet and the Clarity Swirl is lovely. I'll be hitting the bleach bottle in a little while too. I've been inking with black and the tips of my fingers and nails look terrible, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Riet said...

Beautiful tag Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rainbow Lady said...

NO NO NO never put bleach on your hands.... get a Ranger scrubbie... gets everything off.. the best thing ever invented and very cheap. Lovely tag Beryl xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous brilliant tag Beryl.
luv
Debby

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgous tag love the blended vivid colours.
If I forget the gloves it's bleach,I often have inky hands .
janex

Janet said...

Gorgeous colours here, Beryl. Lovely tag. Great to see you again at Port Sunlight.

Janet xx

Pat said...

Late getting round this week Beryl, just been on holiday to St.Ives. Love your gorgeous tag, the colours are beautiful and I love the flourish stamp you have used. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Trish x said...

Lovely tag Beryl, love the colours
Trish xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous tag Beryl, love the colours and your stamp is super.
Hugs
Christine xxx

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Love what you have done here. What fantastic colours!!

Hope you managed to get your fingers clean before going out.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Irene said...

Brilliant tag Beryl, I love what you have done, especially the fabulous colours and great stamp.
luv
irene
xxxx

Jackie said...

I love this tag too. Again the colour combination and stamps are just fabulous. Is that stamp still available because I might just need to look for it ;)
Thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my blog, they mean loads to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing your word book and am glad I inspired you a bit lol I love the new look blog too, very fresh.
Take care, Jackie xx

pinky said...

Just don't get inky Beryl lol. Sounds like you have had a great old time but I so love the finished tag, well worth the mess lol.

Anne said...

Thanks for letting me know what the plant was called Beryl. Think I'll toddle along to the garden centre one of these days and see if I can get one. Hugs x