Monday, 14 May 2012

Hardly Weighs a Thing


I always try to make cards that have to go by air mail as light as possible and this time I think I've excelled myself. I coloured the base card with Bright Yellow Green Shade, Dairylide Yellow Tint and Ultramarine Blue Tint Pan Pastels and over stamped with some very old Crafters Companions Stamps. I coloured the images lightly with some Crayola crayons. For the central image I used just the cricket stumps stamp, coloured it with felt markers and used just the blue and the green  Pan Pastels.
The banner is an idea I got from Debby, computer generated sentiment and core-dinations for the backing. The 'card candy' in the corner is some of the same core-dinations run through the Cuttlebug with part of a Spellbinders die.
I'm entering this in the Pan Pastels challenge which this week is 'Sports'.
It will probably be the most basic card they see, and if the postage is still exorbitant I'll be spitting bricks.
Thanks for visiting today.
Beryl xx

13 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
a fab card, i no a couple of fellas who would luv this, sue,x

craftimamma said...

Great card Beryl and you've just reminded me I need a card for my SIL in a couple of weeks time and he's a cricket lover. I hope you get a nice surprise on the postage costs.

I hope you're having fun with your Pan Pastels. As you know we're playing with them over on the Snazzy DT Blog this months and I have to say I'm quite impressed.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Great male card, my hubby and his family love cricket,I just like ogling the cricketers...lol..
It was great seeing you and don't say I didn't tell you about those papers, Katina missed them too,and yes the flowers where cut from the paper. There was 4 different 12x12 pads for £10.
I looked for that TH die you bought, goggled the fabric flower made,I have ordered it, should arrive soon.
I never got that job, probably for the best, I don't feel too great at the mo. Bob said don't bother working ...but what about my obsession with buying craft stuff...oh dear.
take care. janex

brenda said...

How perfect for the guys Beryl.

Interesting to see the Pan Pastel in use, I won their challenge a couple of weeks ago and am really looking forward to getting my prize as I gather it has some in it. Always good to try out wsmething new.

B x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Christine B. said...

Lovely card Beryl. Hugs x ChrisB

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - I do you hope you won't need to spit bricks!!!! Love your sporty card - great for those "difficult" males!!
Hope you are having a happy week - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really fab, I love the background that you have made using the PanPastels. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, like how you used the image in the backgrond as well. :)

pinky said...

The price of the postage is a sin Beryl so we will probably be seeing a lot more less is more cards. This is just brilliant, love the background.

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

A great card for a cricket lover .. .. and the extra challenge of making it fit for airmail posting too. I hope it wasn't too much of a shock when you had it weighed!!

I have to admit that even posting around England feels expensive. It doesn't take much to force cards into the large letter bracket does it?

Have a lovely evening.

Love Jules xx

Rainbow Lady said...

Woo hoo congratulations on your win well done xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Beryl, gorgeous card. I know what you mean about postage. Congratulations about your win:

http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/challenge-18-winner.html

I've fallen in love with Pan Pastels too. They are fab. Kym xxx