Thursday, 3 May 2012
Memories
I don't have very many photos of my family, only or two of my dad and not many more of my mum. So as Rainbow Lady's challenge this week is 'Memories' I thought I'd make a start on putting some of them together for my kids to have. They say you get to look like your mum - that's fine as long as I don't feel the need to wear a shapeless shift and grow a wedge haircut!
I used Craft Artist to make the page and it's in an 8 x 8 format so my printer will be able to cope when I finally get round to printing some pages out and putting them in an album. Don't anybody hold your breath for that though - got to find an 8 x 8 album first.
Hope you'll be able to join in. Memories can mean so many different things - I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something AND we are sponsored by the lovely Joanna Sheen this week.
Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Gorgeous layout Beryl, those photos are fab and I love the way you've added the text
Claire xx
Really lovely layout Beryl. Don't get too wet today. :)
Great page Beryl, don't mind the shift dresses, not not doing the haircut lol. Elizabeth xxx
What a fabulous layout Beryl and perfect for Memories. Hugs x
You never know Beryl, that style might come ournd again, I can see some familiarities from my teens in the shops this year.
It's a lovelt way to retain memnories though, something I always plan to do but never quite achieve.
Your quesiton on roses, I always did use a six petal punch and the tutorial I did a couple of years ago was based on that, until I came acress Lee's version. I blogged about hers a few weeks ago here: http://stamping-fantasies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/lees-lovely-roses.html
They are so much easier and use the five petal punch every tiem now.
B x
Hello Beryl
This is absloutely brilliant. I do like your choice of papers and embellishments. I bet this will be treasured by your family.
luv
irene
xxxx
That's a scary thought!!! I'm not sure I want to look like my Mum just yet!!!
It's a lovely idea to scrap your photos for your children. I'm always on at my Mum and MIL to do this so that we remember who all the faces in the photos are.
I love the purple you've used, it sets the B&W photos off beautifully.
Hugs Lisax
Such a lovely memory page, Beryl.
I love your memory page,I is something special too scrapbook. I have several and made one of my Dad,s life for his 60th Birthday,his new wife in Thailand shows it to all their visitors and loves his baby pics.
No worries on the looks department,you are much more sophisticated and stylish then your dear old Mum. I think my Mum dresses younger than me,she certainly has more energy.
Hope your going to Happy Stampers, let me know.
janex
Its really gorgeous, love the colour tones, perfect for the photos Beryl. I just got the craft artist and can't get enough time to get my head round it:(
Beryl, this is a gorgeous layout, love the photo's of your Mum. I am just trying to scan in all my old family photo's as I bought Craft Artist a while ago and want to make some pages for the family, but it all takes so much time. But I really do like what you have done here. Have a good weekend.
Pat xx
This is fabulous Beryl, love the pics of your mum. I really should scan some of my old photos
Beryl x
Brilliant layout Beryl, lovely memories for your children
Trish xx
Hi Beryl
Yes, photographs are quite scare in our house from "the olden days".
For us I don't think Mum and Dad could afford to have them developed :-(
But it does make those you do have far more precious doesn't it.
A great page of memories.
Hope you have a good Bank Holiday weekend.
Love Jules xx
Lovely card Beryl. Super layout and your photos are beautiful. Must get round to using CA.
Hugs
Christine xx
I have just bought Craft Artist and it is my new addiction, especially as my darling daughter is keeping me out of my craft room ... and this is something I can do one handed if she sleeps on me, and I can fit in here an there. thanks for your inspiration. hugs Juls
Post a Comment