Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Old MacDonald had a....


This week the theme for The CD Sunday Challenge is 'Old MacDonald Had a Farm'. This is for a neighbour I had in Cambridgeshire and although he's given up most of his farmwork these days - he still keeps a few chickens.
The image is from Joanna Sheen's JNM cd and the two bp's are from the Sheena Douglass CD. A little raffia and a computer generated sentiment finish it off. Simple but going to a man who wouldn't appreciate anything fussy.
Thanks very much for visiting today. Off to ceroc tonight so it will be a late night for me tonight.

15 comments:

starcyl said...

This is great Beryl, my mum likes chickens too. I do like the sentiment.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Christine said...

Super card Beryl, I am sure your friend will appreciate receiving it. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Crafting Queen said...

Great card,bet he will love it. :)

Jocelyn said...

Love that image and the raffia gives a natural feel to it all.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Hi Beryl, not so simple if you as me, putting a card together that can look simple is a hard thing to do. This is lovely and the extra touches bring it all together nicely and your old neighbour will love it.
sue-b Guest designer

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love your card Beryl, very striking and fun.I would run like hell if he looked at me. Once Bob had to carry me passed some Chickens. Hope your enjoying the nice weather. janex

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card Beryl.
luv
Debby

pinky said...

I love it. Had a chicken card to make a while back, wish I had of thought of Joanna Sheen!!

Janet said...

Looks a very fine rooster to me! Lovely card, Beryl.

Janet xx

Pat said...

Great male card Beryl, love the image and the sentiment is just right. I'm sure it will be well appreciated by the recipient.

Pat xx

Carol said...

Isn't he 'andsome. Great card Beryl with such a striking image.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Irene said...

A brilliant card and so personal for the recipient. The image and sentiment are just perfect.
luv
irene
xxxx

Christine B. said...

Great card for a farmer , love it. Hugs x ChrisB

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is fabulous Beryl and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday!

Wendy -x-