Thursday, 24 May 2012

I Missed Her Most!


I've been keeping an eye on three of my grandchildren while my daughter took a break with some friends of hers. I've made this card for the kids to give her when she gets back (today - hurrah) although I think I'm the one who missed her most as I've been the one running back and forth between here and hers and doing all the things she'd normally be doing for them.
So - the image is stamped from a couple of Stampscape unmounted stamps, the turquoise is from a Kaleidascope ink pad and the pale pink is Spun Sugar Distress ink. I used the same Spun Sugar for the back image - how different it looks on a different card - and then stamped the palm frond with Worn Lipstick DI - I also sprayed it with a pearl mica spray. The sentiment was computer generated - black seam binding - another find from my mum's seamstress days, and some sparkly peel offs I've had for yonks.
This is my DT card for Rainbow Lady's challenge this week which is 'Tuturquoise and Pink' - in honour of Bermuda. I had to ask Rainbow Lady about the colours as they don't appear on the Bermuda flag but apparently the sky is turquoise and the sand pink. How beautiful.
I do hope you'll be able to join us this week. We love to see all your entries.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

6 comments:

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl, love the scene and the beautiful colours. Such a lovely thought to make it for your grandchildren to give to your daughter on her return, I'm sure she will be "chuffed".

Pat xx

Crafting Queen said...

What a super card, I am sure she will love it. Have a great day. Hugs Anesha.

pinky said...

Oh you are brave Beryl, don't know what I will be like if I EVER get grandkids lol. Love your card, would love to go there for a wee break!

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

What a lovely card for the return of your daughter .. .. I bet she has missed you all too.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card Beryl and what a lovely Mum you are. I'm sure your daughter will benefit more than you can imagine for having the time to recharge her batteries.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Bermuda sounds fab! I'm sure your daughter loved her card, it's lovely xx