The challenge this week from Rainbow Lady is 'Four Season's'. The theme was chosen by Shelley - this week's guest designer. I have chosen spring because I've have this lovely image of a dicentra from a fellow Rainbow Forum buddy - Janny - and in a few weeks time, my garden will be a mass of dicentra. I love it. It flowers right through to September - not like the sort you buy from the garden centre - it also spreads like mad.
I have coloured it with Inktense pencils, edged with distress ink and matted it onto some pink pearlescent card.The bp is one of Crafty Ann's Abstract collection, but you won't find this colour in her shop. It's called 'My printer has just run out of ink - it's given a lovely graduated look and I'm not wasting it.' Bit of a long name I know - I wish I could reproduce it at will. The flower and leaves were punched from some scrapbook papers I have and the ric rac is from my stash. The punched borders along the bottom arrived in the post this morning from my friend Martha, who lives in the States. She has sent me a goody bag of punched borders and flowers, stamped images and lots of other bits and pieces. You wouldn't believe what she's done with the border punches. Amazing. You'll be seeing soon I expect. That's it I think.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

16 comments:
Hi Beryl
There is something about pink and lilac, sort of a perfect match as this really beautiful card proves.
B x
Hi Beryl,
I love the colour of this card and the image is beautifully springlike. Just the tonic we need in this weather. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Hmm Beryl dicentra is it??? Pretty flowers to me lol. Seriously what a lovely card and the colours are of course favorites of mine (see US spelling again). Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x
Beautiful card Beryl, lovely image and the colours are gorgeous. Must get some of that Dicentra in our garden, looks nice and sounds nice flowering for so long.
Pat xx
What a beautiful card Beryl,i love your image and colours.
Hugs Riet.xx
Another really pretty card Beryl. I recognise the flower but didn't know it's name. It's a lovely image which you coloured beautifully once again and used a lovely colour theme. I love the peony used for matting and layering, much nicer than using it as an actual flower.
Lesley Xx
Very pretty card, Beryl, gorgeous soft colours. It certainly is a beautiful image. I love dicentras too. I have always known them by their common name of bleeding hearts.
This is lovely Beryl, I've never heard of this flower either - not aa gardener lol. Love the colour of your backing paper, when my ink runs out I usually end up with something not usable.
Beryl x
Loving your very original backing paper lol. This is a lovely card, you'll have to post a pic of your garden when its in bloom.
Pinky
So pretty, makes me think of spring. Kim
Oh this is stunning Beryl I love that designer paper and the image...wow..it is gorgeous I have one of those in my garden...well I used to I think it might have disappeared lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Beryl, Your bp is so lovely. You should at least try to duplicate the look and see what you get. I had no idea you used the computer to generate so many of your lovely backgrounds. The borders do fit nicely here. I am so glad you could use some of them. Your flower name must be the Scientific name for the bleeding heart. They ARE beautiful. I am going to get some for the condo and will remember you every time I see them. But I need to wait until the snow is gone in about 3 months. Great Spring card. Hugs, Martha
This is a really beautiful card Beryl with those soft tones and what a wonderful "one off" paper you made such a perfect match. I love that image and feel as if I am in the garden surrounded by it.
Max x
such a pretty card Beryl, we all long for spring, nice sun today though. Dicentra, bleeding heart is a favourite of mine too, i've grown it in all my gardens. enjoy your day. janex
Beautiful! I love the gorgeous flower image. I'm not familiar with the flower but from that it looks so pretty. I will keep an eye out for it. I love that punched border ... sets it off a treat. kxx
This card is gorgeous, I love the colours it is very spring like. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Rainbow Lady Challenge.
Hugs Shelley x
Post a Comment