Sunday, 21 February 2010

Sketch and Stash Challenge # 29

First of all I'd like to apologise in advance if I'm not around as much in the near future. I hope I'll be able to do some blog hopping but things are afoot in this house - so I may not manage it. I wanted to make sure I entered the current challenge from Sketch and Stash though as I was lucky enough to win the last one. Thank you team. I am pleased to say that I have a Martha Stewart loop border punch on the way from Simon Says Stamp. My new element on this card is the Sugar Nellie Stamp, coloured with Promarkers and a little background done with a stamp from Stampscapes and one from Stamp in the Hand. The red piece of bp is from Crafty Ann's Polished Stone collection of backing papers and the green bp is Dovecraft. The tiny heart border was from a lovely stash of punched borders sent to me by my friend Martha - who lives in the states. The flower I made with punch from some scrapbook paper and then sprayed with glitter spray.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

22 comments:

Janette said...

A lovely card Beryl. It is finished off beautifully with lovely papers, love the punched border too.
Janette

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Beryl and I envy you having such a generous US friend, the border is so different. Hugs xx

Pat said...

Love your card Beryl, never seen that image before its super, great colours you have used too.

Pat xx

Carol said...

Goegeous card - hope the plans afoot allow you some play time still!

TC

Becky said...

Wow Beryl, what a fantastic card! I love that image and you've worked the sketch so well!!
So glad to hear that you've got a MS punch on the way, what a great choice!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

brenda said...

A lovely background Beryl and makes a really pretty scene with the little farm girl.

Not to worry about blogging, there is a life outside and sometimes we forget that.

B x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, love your MS punch, will you ask her to be my friend too lol. I hope you won't go too far mrs, I'll miss you. What a weekend eh! Hope everything gets sorted at home soon and its nothing too drastic. Hugs
Pinky

craftimamma said...

Cute card Beryl. Love the image and your flower is gorgeous in those super colours.

That's a really delicate border your received from your friend.

Altogether lovely.

Lesley Xx

Chrissie said...

What a fabulous job you've made of this fortnight's sketch Beryl, I just love it!
I do hope you won't be MIA for long sweetie, or I shall miss my visits.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
beautiful card, lovely images great colouring, great papers & layout sue,x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This card is adorable. the papers are gorgeous and that image is beautifully done.
Sorry to hear you may not be about - you will be missed. I hope you'll soon be back.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Hi Beryl
gorgeous card and beautiful image, is the pink hearts a punch? it looks really nice.
Christine x

Beryl K said...

A beautiful card Beryl, love the punched flower as well as your paper choice. Thinking of you
Beryl x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is beautiful Beryl, I love how you've used the stampscapes stamp to create the ground - great idea.
Ann x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow, wow, wow Beryl this is awesome I absolutely adore this card those papers and image are fabby I love that flower. Hope everything is ok with you but see you when you can make it just take care.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lora said...

Congrats on your win! I am so jelous of you getting a new MS punch!! lol
Love the card, such a pretty image.
Lora xx

Martha said...

Hi Beryl, You did a wonderful card here! Your coloring echoes the pink of the punched hearts and the green and other colors fit so well with your Nellie image. Great job. I always love to see what you create! You give me inspiration. Thanks and happy hugs! Martha

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and such a pretty iamge. Love the punched flower.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Beryl, beautiful colours and details.
luv
Debby

lisa said...

Hi Beryl.

A gorgeous card as always.
Hope you won't be away for anything too serious and will be back among us very soon. I shall miss coming over to visit.
See you soon.

Lisax

having a {me} day said...

Beautiful card Beryl and I love that yummy heart border. What fabulous friends you have! keeleyxx