Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Humbug and Baubles


This is my card for this week's Bah Humbug challenge - where they want to see 'baubles' on our work. I bought this bauble stamp set from Joanna Sheen last year - and to be honest - didn't get round to using it this last Christmas. I've stamped and embossed with silver ep and then coloured them with Cosmic Shimmer paints. I've made a 6 x 6 card and off centred the fold. The bp is from my Graphicus Guild pack, and it's finished off with a few silver peel offs. Now I've got to work out the best way to do the insert!
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Beryl that card is just gorgeous - I love those baubles. Thank you so much for entering again at Bah! Humbug! Thanks for displaying the Loyalty banner too. You're a star.
Ann xxx

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Oh my your card is just stunning and fabulous, those bauble stamps are gorgeous. I am so pleased you decided to use them as they are so beautiful. The cosmic shimmer paints are wonderful and I love your colour scheme. Your backing paper finishes it off perfectly.

Thank you for joining us again at Bah!Humbug!

luv
irene
xxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
What a classy card this is. I love the papers and the baubles are really well done.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Beryl - love the non-traditional colours you have used. Tess x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the background.Great use of the stamp. Anesha

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

starcyl said...

Beryl this is lovely, I am sure I have some of those stamps and have never used them, must dig them out.

Jenny x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

this is such a classy christmas card Beryl , those bubbles look super, i must start doing this challenge, instead of being snowed under with christmas cards later on. with the weather, snow i mean , it's very fitting. Bob is on the phone to a friend, think it's a party invite, hope so theirs are always great.janex

Wendy said...

Lovely card Beryl I love the colours.
Wendy x

Glitter Monkey said...

Hi Beryl - I hope you are well. I've not been around for AGES!! I didn't do much blogging really for about six months but am now getting back into it again and think I am enjoying it more for the break. There are some really stunning works on here recently. I love the Cosmic Shimmer creations especially. Lol Lynn ♥

Beryl K said...

Wow Beryl this is fabulous. Love those baubles. When I do this fold I don't use a folded insert, just do a piece of paper that fits the middle bit of the card and usually use a decorative edge blade in my paper trimmer
Beryl x

pinky said...

Beryl this is very stylish, love the way you off centred it. The baubles are just beautiful, love the silver with them.
Pinky

pinky said...

Beryl this is very stylish, love the way you off centred it. The baubles are just beautiful, love the silver with them.
Pinky

craftimamma said...

These baubles are lovely Beryl. Really pretty and you've chosen very pretty colours for them too. Altogether a lovely card.

Lesley Xx

Martha said...

OH MY, Beryl!!! I think this one is simply awesome!!! I am a big fan of silver anyway, and your coloring of the ornaments makes it look like real stained glass. WONDERFUL WORK!
Not familiar with the dp paper pack name but it is so pretty and whatever you did with it, I give a BIG "thumbs up"! Hugs, Martha

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous Beryl. I think I still have some of this sheet left, I wouldn't have thought of using it for Christmas but it works so well.
Ann x

Max said...

Positively GORGEOUS!
You have really brought the stamp to life with your colouring.
Thanks for joining in again at Bah! Humbug! - we really appreciate your support.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

lisa said...

Beautiful baubles, Beryl!!!! I love the cosmic shimmer paint, it's lovely to use isn't it. Your card fold is really unusual too.

Lisax

having a {me} day said...

WOW! Gorgeous! Beautiful colours, very stylish. kxx