This time the theme on Crafty Ann's challenge blog is 'If music be the food of love.....'. You can interpret this your own way - going with food or love or both. I think this is the first time I've used hearts on a card but the paper, which is one of generous Jak's freebies seemed just what was needed to go with the image. I have used the Classical Guitar from Ann's digi shop and the Rosebud and have resized them both (hopefully more or less to scale.) I've coloured them with Promarkers and then gone over the front of the guitar and parts of the rosebuds with Anita's High Gloss (similar to Glossy Accents). The spotty background was done with a stamp in the Hand stamp and then I edge it with Black soot Distress ink.The ribbon is from my stash.
As usual, Ann will be giving a prize of some of her digis to one lucky entrant so I do hope you can come and join in.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

19 comments:
This is really gorgeous, the heart paper definitely does the trick, perfect with that fab guitar and the beautiful roses. Love it.
Pinky
This is absolutely stunning work Beryl, and I love how you've used the two digi stamps - as well as how you've coloured them. I have some of that Anitas high gloss but have never really used it much - I'll have to dig it out and see if it's still usable!
Ann x
You've done a fabulous job here Beryl.
You're right, those papers are just perfect with your main image and I love the background stamp and the use of the distress inks, so effective!
I just can't believe how clever you are in manipulating those images (I haven't a clue frankly!)
What a gorgeous card Beryl,i love your image and colours.
Hugs Riet.xx
Another lovely card Beryl. You're right about the bp, it does go perfectly with the guitar and roses. Love your colouring by the way and your use of the dotty stamp. I must remember that one as I'm sure I found that stamp when I was sorting my stash last week.
Lesley Xx
Hi Beryl,
This is such a pretty card with a fabulous paper. The image says it all - the love rose and seranading guitar. So sweet.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Hi Beryl
gorgeous card hun i luv the image it looks brill well done, gorgeous layout, sue,x
A gorgeous card Beryl, I love the heart paper and ribbon. The roses beside the guitar look so real.
luv
irene
xxxx
What a great challenge! I love your card - very Spanish!
This is beautiful Beryl, what a lovely image. So romantic!
Clairex
This is wonderful Beryl...I love the fab digi images and the gorgeous paper.
Have a great weekend! Debbie x
Beryl, what a lovely card. Like the way you have combined images. I am renowned for doing that as well but I didn't on my DT card.
Thanks for allowing me to be a Guest Designer on the Design Team. I've been like a kid waiting for Christmas for today to see how others interpreted the challenge. It's amazing to see how much they differ but they all include cards made with lovely images and backing papers.
Best wishes, Kym xxx
Stunning card Beryl I absolutely adore how you have coloured that guitar and the roses are wonderful oooo I do so love this
Hugs
Lorraine x
i thought you weren't a romantic! gorgeous card Beryl , music is loved in our house. janex
Hi Beryl
This is stunning love the papers and the guitar is fab.
Thanks for leaving me a lovely comment.
Chris x
Hi Beryl
A really lovely card.
Your image is great (and of course I love the backing paper with all the hearts LOL!!).
Love how you have used the two digi images to make one. Great idea!
Have a lovely Sunday Beryl.
Love Jules xx
WOW! This is AWESOME!! That guitar is just amazing ... love your colouring of it with the flowers. The spotty background is just fab ... fab ... FAB! Just perfect. You are so clever. As you might have gathered, I just love this card! keeleyxx
Wow this is just gorgeous Beryl, it all works beautifully together
Beryl x
This is really lovely Beryl. It actually fits two of the title, music and love. Very clever. Cathy xxxx
Post a Comment