Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge #5


This week the challenge from the girls on the Bah Humbug challenge blog is 'Holly'. I wanted to use this holly stamp by Elusive Images but it's so big that by the time I'd matted and layered it there wasn't much room for anything else on an A5 card. It's stamped and embossed in gold onto a piece of paper coloured with Glimmer Mists. I say coloured - because it wasn't misted - it was sort of dragged all over the craft mat until it was covered. I usually end up doing that coz I'm rubbish at the misting bit most times.The bp is from a Graphicus Guild paper pack and both that and the image are matted onto gold mirri card. The gold cord down the side was from a bag of mixed cords I got at the NEC last March.
It's beautifully sunny here today but quite cold - so it's definitely another indoor day for me.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

13 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is a very classy card. I love the layout and the colours.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

What a gorgeous card, I really must take a peek at Elusive Images as they make the most fabulous stamps.
I love the colours you have chosen, and the gold ribbon finishes your card off perfectly.

Thank you so much for your continuing support of Bah!Humbug! we really appreciate this. Good luck in the prize draw.

luv
irene
xxxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, that stamp is fabulous and is looks great embossed in gold.

Pat xx

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

Sometimes with a lovely image so beautifully stamped that is enough and the colours lovely.

B x

Martha said...

Beryl, I really like the simplicity of this. The frame shows off the image to perfection and the colored background is bold but then the frame bp softens it. Wonderful card! Happy hugs, Martha

PS Do you have to live in the UK to participate in the Bah Humbug challenge and do you have to use certain brands of products that might not be available to me? Just wondering out loud. : )

starcyl said...

That is one beautiful card, the image is so stunning that you don't need much else but the gold cord is ideal. Just love it.
Jenny x

Annie said...

Fabulous card Beryl - these elusive images stamps are just gorgeous. I love how you've used this. Stunning.
Thanks for joining us again at Bah ! Humbug! and good luck in the draw.
Ann xxx

Anne said...

A real beauty Beryl, so classy. Hugs xx

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Beryl, I do love this stamp. I must try the dragging on the craft mat, cos I can't mist either lol
Beryl x

having a {me} day said...

This is so stunningly beautiful Beryl. I love your dragging over the craft mat effect. Maybe I should try that cos misting & I don't go to well together! LOL! kxx

craftimamma said...

Of all my Elusive Images Christmas stamps (and I have most of them) this one has to be up there at the top as one of my favourites especially if I want a quick card because it does all the work for you.

Love the colours on your card too, Beryl.

Lesley Xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - such a elegant card - this Holly stamp is one of favourites from Elusive Images. Love your layout and colour choice, and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Sylvia xx