Tuesday, 10 November 2009

A Challenge and an Apology



I'm afraid life has been getting in the way a bit this last week or so which means I have had the chance to visit my usual haunts (blogwise). I hope to rectify this some time today (it's raining so I don't think I'll be in the garden digging or pruning). I'm well behind on my Christmas cards too so this card for the Tander Teaser this week is one more of the list. The challenge is to use metal of some sort and this snowflake (Wizard die) has been made using Debi Moore metal magic in silver and in gold. The background black card has been spritzed with a lovely white mica mist. All these ingredients were bought at the NEC last week. (There was quite a lot more in my bag too I confess.) The cross hatches in the corner were cut from a Cuttlebug alphabet set and the gold mesh at the top I've had for yonks and not got round to using before this.The ribbon was from my stash.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

21 comments:

Beryl K said...

Wow Beryl, a stunning, stunning card. I love it
Beryl x

Annie said...

very very effective - I have some of that metal magic in my bought but unused stash - must get into action.

Ann xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
Great to have you back again. This card is brilliant. I've never done anything in metal - must add to my Christmas wish list I am leaving where hubby will find it. The snowflake is fantastic and really sits well with the colours on the card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Carol said...

Good job it's not a live video link as I'm green with envy at your NEC visit...... Hope you had a truly fabby day and brought loads of stash :)

Gorgeous card so effective

TC

pinky said...

Really lovely Beryl, think I would be whipping that off the card to hang on the tree lol.
Pinky

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, love what you have achieved with the metal magic, I too have some which I used once when I first bought it and never tried again, must have another go if it turns out this good.

Pat xx

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Beryl, love the look of all that gold!!

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

Very elegant card. A real quick comment, megga internet probs.

B x

pinky said...

Crikey Beryl you can get some weird remarks at times, had to laugh at your comment though about Tilda and Edwin not needing the viagra!!lol
Pinky

Maria Matter said...

wowza, Beryl, this is a stunner! great job!!!
Blessings, Maria

Dragon said...

Lovely work... you put your new stuff togood use!
Frankie
xx

Shirley said...

Oh My Beryl, this is gorgeous! Very elegant too!

Irene said...

Morning Beryl

Oh wow, this is just gorgeous. The metal is the corners are great,and I love the colours. What a fantastic idea for the background.

luv
irene
xxxx

Anne said...

Absolutely gorgeous xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning snowflake Beryl and the background looks just like a starry night sky - fabulous!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx
PS: Love your new blog layout!

lisa said...

Hi Beryl. I love these snowflake dies, they are on my wish list!!
They look great in the metal magic, something a bit different.
It sounds like the weekend is not going to be gardening weather either doesn't it, oh well, more time for crafting. Have a good one.

Lisax

pinky said...

Hi Beryl, winds just beginning to build up now with a bit of rain. Had been such a pleasant day, sunshine and calm! Off to Kings Hall, Belfast tomorrow for the big craft show. Have a nice weekend indoors!
Pinky

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Lovely classy card Beryl, your blog looks great too after it's revamp.
Life can get busy sometimes so it is great to unwind with some crafting and blogging. I hope all is well. janex

pinky said...

Hi Beryl, back home and spent far too much lol. Got myself a little punch gadget to punch borders using smaller punches, got two separate leaf punches, which I really needed and got lots of distress inks and pads to have a play. Met the great Mina so i blame her for all this spending!!!
Weather here has been really nice, sunshine and no wind, hope yours has improved.
Pinky

Jane's Blogs said...

A really beautiful card ... loving that Wizard snowflake.

Jane xx

Wendy said...

Beryl this is stunning
Wendy x