This card was going so well!!! The Secret Crafter Saturday challenge this week was to use decoupage. Fine. I used a Crafters Companions Father Christmas image to decoupage. Fine. I layered it up onto some circular nesties, mounted it onto a 5 x 7 pale green card already decorated with Christmassy paper from a magazine, some peel offs and a sentiment. Fine. No! When I stood it up I had forgotton to check which way round the card opened. I haven't done that for a while. I wasn't going to bin it with all those nesties on it so I cut it in half and put the front half on an A4 red card. Waste not want not I say. Anyway - here it is.Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx
13 comments:
Happy Accident Beryl, no-one would ever know if you hadn't told us. It's a great card
Beryl x
beautiful card Beryl and your right it's far too good to waste great idea putting it onto A4 card, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x
fabby card and what a superb "save"!
thanks for joining us this week on SCSC
hugs jane x
Beautiful card Beryl and beautifully decoupaged. I think we've all been there before with our card around the wrong way but well done you for improvising :) thank you so much for joining us SCSC again this week :) Donna x
Ooo nice. Love the very xmasy colours.
It's lovely Beryl. Glad it's not just me who does daft things like that LOL.
Well saved and it really is a gorgeous card. I haven't done that for ages either although I did stamp my quote upside down on a card this morning so I guess it's the same kind of dippy thing to do!!
Ann xxx
Well it might not be quite how it started out Beryl, but I love how it ended up! A very happy accident methinks
Ann x
What a wonderful card!!! So gorgeous!
Simone
A wonderful card and a great save! Glad to hear I am not the only one who does things like this!
Your card looks wonderful Beryl and no one would ever know it wasn't meant to look like this. Love your little Tilda too!
Lovely card, I would never have guessed you had to rescue a mistake.
How clever that you fixed your problem because your image and the rest are just so beautiful! It has an Old World feel to it. Wonderful and love the scallops too!
Post a Comment