Monday, 8 November 2010

Rainbow Lady's Challenge #125


This week the challenge from Rainbow Lady has been set by Janet of Redmoss Ramblings. Janet wants us to 'Make a Picture'. This card was made using some U Mount stamps - Distress Inks and Lyra watercolours. Not a lot else to say about it really.
Have been absent this past week or so due to housey stuff. We took up some grotty old vinyl in the kitchen to find perfect quarry tiles underneath (I did think they were all going to be cracked and that was why they had been covered up).We have spent most of the last week cleaning them up (old varnish and grime) and finally put the sealant on this morning. The fumes are a tad overpowering but hopefully it will clear soon.
Hope you all survived the gales last night.
Thanks for visiting today.
Beryl xx

17 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful scene Beryl - it has a kind of dreamy peaceful feel to it. Love it!
Hope all is going well - Hugs, Sylvia xx

Juls said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!! This is just STUNNING!!!!!!!!! Love the images, just so gorgeous and elegant!!! Love it! Hugs Juls

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

So sorry the house sage is dragging one. But a bit of a find with those tiles, even it is is a messy process revealing them.

A really lovely and classical card, there is something about arches that always gives me a sense of Jane Austin and her era.

B x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
Wow this is a beautiful image. So elegant and gorgeously coloured. I am loving this one.
Hugs,
Fiona x

chris said...

Hi Beryl, this is very beautiful and serene looking.love the stamp. hugs chris xx

Sue said...

Hi ya Beryl
a beautiful card, fabulous colour work, sue,x

Lavender Rose said...

This is beautiful Beryl and perfect for the challenge. I am still waiting for inspiration to strike! Hope those fumes have died down.

lisa said...

Winter seems to have arrived with avengence hasn't it. It's been so wet, cold and windy here today and is still raining.
Your card reminds me of Summer gardens, lovely on a cold night. I love the ivy around the edge.
You must be delighted with your tiles, I bet they look gorgeous now they're all cleaned up.
Don't work too hard.
Hugs Lisax

Janet said...

Such a lovely romantic picture, Beryl. These stamps are so attractive and quite unique I think. Beautiful colouring and an altogether pleasing vista. I wish my garden was so peaceful! Thanks so much for joining me Making a Picture at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week.

Janet xx

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Beryl, a lovely scene. Really like that. Lovely colouring. Hugs x ChrisB

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

You have set a beautiful scene here and used gorgeous colours.

Your quarry tiles sound wonderful. I am sure the finished look will be well worth all the effort.

Love Jules xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Beryl,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Lovely scene , very classy as your cards always are .
Bet the floor looks good even if the smell is a bit of a pong at the mo.
janex

craftimamma said...

This is really lovely Beryl! A truly serene and peaceful scene. You've risen to Janet's challenge well!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Rainbow Lady said...

Wonderful picture Beryl I love it. Thanks for sharing this week Love Cynthia x

pinky said...

Boy that is one beautiful elegant card Beryl. You are so talented girl!!
Pinky

Jen said...

A lovely scene Beryl. I like the surrounding leaves they enclose it so beautifully.
Jen x