Sunday, 31 October 2010

Two of a Kind




I couldn't decide which of these two cards to post so I've posted both. The theme on the Bah Humbug challenge site this week is 'Presents' and as I hadn't used this Sarah Kay stamp so far this year I though I'd make two while I was at it. The bp is a freebie from the very generous Jak Heath  - an A4 sheet but with the same A5 image in a slightly different shade each end of the design.. Just right for doing two A5 cards. One image has been stamped onto watercolour paper and the other onto smooth card. Both have been coloured with Lyra watercolours. The sentiment and parcel stamps are from the Crafters Companion Cute Companions Christmas range. The mirri card strip was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch and the oval mats and snowflake were punched from Wizard dies. The extra embellishments on the second card were part of some crafty goodies sent to me by Cynthia (aka Rainbow Lady) some time ago. I knew I'd be using them eventually.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

themessycraftroom said...

Lovely cards Beryl. I like them both. A nice image haven't seen that one before. Hugs x ChrisB

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

why choose when you can show 2 great cards, super mod Christmas girl.
I'm really tired now, been baking and soaking the dried fruits for 2 big Christmas cakes, Bob and I bake every year. Lovely with a glass of red.
janex

Unknown said...

Fab Image both adorable.
Chris x

Christine said...

Beautiful cards Beryl, pleased you have shown both of them. Love the Sarah Kay stamp and your colouring is perfect.
xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
These are beautiful cards. I love the colours and the double punched borders. Great images.
Hugs,
Fiona x

pinky said...

I just love that stamp Beryl and both cards are just gorgeous.
Pinky

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Two gorgeous cards, with a fabulous image. I love the snow effect backing paper and your parcel stamps.
The little embellishments are perfect.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

They are both winners Beryl - love the image and your layout - just fabbie.
Just love your interpretation of our theme of 'presents'. Thanks for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Ann xxx

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa!
Ooh it's been too long since I stopped by!
Love your card and the detail is goreous.
Hoep you and the puss cat are well

Hugs
Dawn
x

Lavender Rose said...

I'm glad you posted both Beryl, gorgeous cards, love the image.

Janet said...

What a great image! Two lovely cards.

Janet xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Beryl.

Hugs Riet.x

brenda said...

Morning Beryl

Both equally delightful, it is a super image, one that I ought to dig out again otherwise another chrismtas will pass it by.

B x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cute cards Beryl.
luv
Debby

Max said...

Hi Beryl,
Wow ... 2 for the price of 1 ... whoohoo! Super image and lovely detail in the punched sentiment strip. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

chris said...

Hi Beryl this is so gorgeous, love the colours you have used its perfect. hugs chris xx

craftimamma said...

Hi Beryl,

I was away for a couple of days last week and have had visitors staying since then so not been to visit you. You have posted some lovely cards while I've been 'offline' and these two are both great. Beautifully coloured images (I have that one) and I love the embossed snowflakes in the background.

Have you visited the EI blog since Sunday? You definitely need to, Lol! Congratulations!!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Martha said...

Beryl,

What a cute Sarah Kay stamp and perfect for your "gifts" cards. Not sure which I like best...they both are so cute. I will have to put that stamp on my wish list.The BP is really nice with the snowflakes and the colors are soft and gentle. What is the name of the Martha Stewart punch you used and haven't heard of that brand of markers before? I don't recognize the punch and you know me...I love MS punches! LOL! Great cards. Thanks for sharing them with us all.

Love, Martha

Juls said...

oh wow!! these are just fab! Hugs Juls