Tuesday, 19 October 2010
In a Blue Mood
Got a blue thing going on at the moment. The first card I'm entering in the Bah Humbug challenge - to use vellum. Eek! The vellum is the punched border down the side. Bit of a cop out I know but at least it was easy to stick down. The image is a penguin stamp I've had for ages -Funstamps - whoever they are. I've stamped it 3 times and coloured with Lyras, cut out with a nestie and inked round the edge with Adirondack Cloudy Blue. The bp is from a Graphicus Guild paper pack.
The second card is for the CD Sunday challenge - 'Monochrome'. The image and the bp are both from My Craft Studio Craft e Christmas cd and the velvet ribbon from my stash. Both cards have a peel off greeting. Lazy I know but what am I to do with the masses of peel offs I aquired when I first started.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


26 comments:
Hello Beryl
Wow two stunning cards both sodifferent but gorgeous. I love the vellum border and your super cute penguins - just perfect.
Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!
irene
xxxx
Wow Beryl, love the card you've done for the CD Sunday challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at CDS this week and also for your support. Hugs xx
You are on a roll Beryl, both gorgeous cards. Supercute penguins and that tree image is gorgeous
Claire xx
Hi Beryl maybe in a blue mood, but your cards certainly are not feeling blue! they are gorgeous. so love those cute penguins.
Hi Beryl, lovely cards and I like the blue. Very nearly missed your entry as you left it in the comment section and not on the mr linky thing, but glad I managed to find it. Thanks for joining in with usa t CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
Hi Beryl,
These are gorgeous in blue. Beautiful winter feel to them. Brilliant crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Hi Beryl love your blue cards, always a good colour for Christmas. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs x ChrisB
Two beautiful cards Beryl. Just love the wintery tree on the blue monochrome one. Thanks for joining with us this week at CD Sunday. Tess x
Two gorgeous cards Beryl. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday .xxx
Morning Beryl
Both lovely cards, I love penguins but I think the tree just edges in as my favourite.
B x
Hi Beryl
I hope you are keeping OK.
Lovely creations - I seem to work in colours too.
One week it turns into a pink week and then a green one .. .. but not intentionally.
I know what you mean about the peel offs too!! LOL!!! Mine get used when all the kids and my sister and her kids come round early December for "label day". They all sit and make Christmas labels and each year I think that it will get rid of the peel offs .. .. but no .. .. there are always some left and the kids bring more with them because they feel bad about using up all the stock LOL!!
Have a good day.
Love Jules xx
Gorgeous blue cards Beryl, love the cute penquins.
luv
Debby
Ha! Ha! I know exactly what you mean about the peeloffs Beryl. I gave stacks away to a school for making cards for charity but still have hundreds left!
Love both the cards today and I'm having a bit of a blue phase too. The tree image is beautiful and I have a real soft spot for penguins.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Hi Beryl
Your blue cards are gorgeous and I love the punched vellum border with that cloudy blue paper. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Hi Beryl,
Love both cards, for different reasons.The penguins are so absolutely cute and the coloring is fab. Your starred background mirrors the little stars they are holding and vellum IS a challenge. Your punched vellum doesn't detract or cover up the image, so very clever indeed!
The second monochromatic card is SO lovely, almost misty looking. That tree is exceptional. And what is wrong with rub-ons? For me they are in the category of using digi images, letting some one else do the printing and stamping. It isn't wrong, just a different experience. Some do both and some are purists like me who love the feel of the "block" in my hand (either wood or acrylic) and under my control.(Well sometimes "under my control"!) LOL
Great cards, both of them!
Love and hugs, Martha
Hi ya Beryl
wow two fabulous cards, luv the tree one as im a sucker for trees, sue,x
What a gorgeous cards Beryl,I love the images and your papers.
Hugs Riet.x
Well done, Beryl! Two lovely cards and who cares about peeloffs! I would be very pleased to receive one. Glad you are crafting again.
Janet xx
such fab cards! HUgs Juls
Two super cards Beryl, love the penguins and the vellum border on the first.
Pat xx
Two gorgeous cards, Beryl. I love the punched vellum. I would never have thought of using it like that.
Your blue tree is just beautiful. MCS are great for quick cards that look great aren't they. I love playing with all the images.
Hugs Lisax
Beautiful cards !!!
Hi Beryl, two beautiful cards and perfect for Bah! Humbug and also for our challenge over at CD Sunday.
Thanks for taking time to join in with us this week.
xxx
Hi Beryl, two beautiful cards and perfect for Bah! Humbug and also for our challenge over at CD Sunday.
Thanks for taking time to join in with us this week.
xxx
Stunning cards, I tend go in colour phases too, Thanks for joining us CD Sunday xx
Love both your cards Beryl - beautiful work. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.
Post a Comment