I've decided to start using some DL cards that I've had for ages. The first card I'm entering into the
CD Sunday challenge - which this week is 'No Embellishments'. The background was made from the toppers section in the Artylicious Seasons Greetings cd. The stamp is from the Elusive Images Essence of Nature stamp plate. I used marker pens to colour the stamp, cut it out with a nestie and then mounted it onto some gold mirri card. I also cut a couple of thin strips of the mirri card to edge the greeting.
The second card is for this week's Bah Humbug challenge 'Elegance'. The stamp is again an Elusive Images stamp, stamped with pigment ink and clear embossed - as was the greeting - a Serendipity stamp. I used red mirri card to mat the nestie ovals onto, cut a couple of strips for the top corners and to back the main part of the card but it doesn't show up as it was such a dull day when I took the piccie it's a good job most of the card is white.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx


24 comments:
these are stunning, love the design.
Funny you should say about the news, when we got to the top they where filming , they must have cut me puffing and blowing and heaving Alfie up the steps lol...
janex
They are both lovely cards Beryl. The mostly white one is very clean and crisp looking, so elegant and nice to see DL for a change. It's a size I often ignore as I seemed to be hooked on square cards!
so gorgeous!! I love tall cards, very stylish!!! Hugs Juls
Hello Beryl
Two great cards, especialy like the red and white one, a real feel of elegance.
It's funny, I rarely make DL cards either. I keep looking at the stock pile of that shape in my cupboard and tell myself I will use them and invariably revert to square.
B x
Wow take my breadth away gorgeous.
So elegant and I love the tree stamp,
Ann xxx
Lovely card Beryl, just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Wendy xx
Hi Beryl, they are both very special.
Two lovely cards Beryl.Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.xxx
Both gorgeous cards but it is the green one that does it for me. I am like you and somehow go back to the old 6 x 6 faithful time and again.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Carol
xx
Two lovely cards. Love the stitching on the first one and the tree is fab. Love the elegance of the second one. Have a great day.
Hi Beryl,
These are beautiful classic Christmas cards. Gorgeous designs and great colours. I love them.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Both cards fit our challenge this week Beryl. Love all the stamps you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Both are stunning cards, I am with Carol on this one, the green one is my favourite. Guess you will have us all digging out our DL cards after seeing these.
Thanks for joining in with us this week over at CD Sunday
xx
They are both lovely cards and perfect for the relevant challenges. Can't choose a favourite, I like them both equally.
Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday and Bah! Humbug! this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT, Bah! Humbug! GDT
Gorgeous cards Beryl. Love the tree on the green card. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday. Tess x
Two lovely cards Beryl, love the second one - it is definitely Elegant.
Pat xx
Hello Beryl
Two truly stunning, beautiful and so elegant cards. I love both of them.
The embossing on your second card is fabulous, and I just love white with a touch of colour. Both Christms trees are gorgeous, each different but perfect.
Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!
irene
xxxx
Lovely cards Beryl, I especially like the red and white one. Very clean and elegant. Love the Dl card for a change. Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. Hugs X ChrisB
These are beautiful cards Beryl. I really do love the red/white & a great background!
Clairexx
They are both beautiful Beryl, just love working with DL cards too. Must get my cd sunday card done soon.
Pinky
What a beautiful cards Beryl.
Hugs Riet.x
Hi Beryl
Two more lovely creations.
I love them both and both tree images too.
I quite like DL cards.
Have a good day.
Love Jules xx
Two great cards. I personally love DL cards but do not use them often. I particularly like the way you have mounted the green one. My favourite, however, has to be the white one. I love the texture and the simplicity.
Janet xx
Great cards Beryl,
I love the colors on the first. It is so well put together. Love the cross stitch effect. How did you do that so evenly? It makes it look "homey" and fits the season. The lovely flourish tree on the second card is gorgeous and elegant and the dotted Swiss is perfect. You really make fantastic cards.
Love and blessings.
Martha
Post a Comment