Friday, 19 November 2010

A Letter to Santa


This month the challenge from Sir Stampalot is 'Christmas Traditions' amd what's more traditional than a letter to Santa.
The main stamp is from Sugar Nellie - stamped with Versafine, heat embossed and then coloured with Promarkers. Matted onto a nesite it is backed by a cuttlebugged piece - highlighted with Distress Fired brick and cut with a Wizard labels die. The greeting is from Creative Expressions - again stamped and embossed in Versafine and cut with a smaller label from the same set. Both the labels pieces have been edged with Topiary embossing powder (a dark green with hints of gold in it). The snowflake has been cut from another Wizard die and the ribbon is from my stash. The lovely check bp is from a Crafters Companion cd (don't ask me which one - I had most of them out looking for this bp and promptly forgot which one I'd found it on.)
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx


16 comments:

CraftyC said...

This is a gorgeous card Beryl. I have this stamp somewhere amongst my stash and its always a pleasure to colour!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Beryl perfect for a little one.
have a great weekend.
Chris x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl.
I love this Christmassy card. the image is beautifully done and the papers are fab.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Beryl,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a cute card, I have this little chap, must dig him out...so many stamps ....not enough time...
can't make cards in the evening now just to dark.
have a good weekend. janex

Sue said...

Hi ya Beryl
aww a gorgeous card, super imnage & colouring, lovely embelies & design, have a lovely weekend, sue,x

Martha said...

Just beautiful, Beryl! I love the image and don't we all "wish" we could write Santa and have our "wishes" granted. I love that nestie the image is on. What # is it? I remember mine by the numbers, (heehee) because I hung hooks on the inside of the door of a cabinet and put labels on the wood to mark their spot. Bill got a new labelmaker and I will redo the names on there since the removable ones are falling off a bit. Love the snow flake embellishment. Just wonderful.

Love and blessings, Martha

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Beryl, what a lovely card and so cute for a litle one. Beautifully coloured. Hugs x ChrisB

Anne said...

Fabulous Beryl. I remember when the kids were young and the lists WERE that long! Have a good weekend. Hugs x

pinky said...

Beryl this is adorable, love the embossing and the gorgeous plaid papers. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Jules said...

Gosh Beryl

You have been busy whilst I have been banned from blogland!

Lots of lovely creations and this one is so cute .. a real Christmas tradition .. the letter to Santa. When we were kids we used to throw them up the chimney. LOL!

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

Ho Beryl

You are not alone forgetting where items come from, my biggest problem is with my DP's, as I tend to cut off the leading edge with the name then of course don't have a clue as to the make when I use the rest.

Your card is very sweet and a posting a letter to Santa is as traditional as you can get.

Thank you for joining us at Stampalot challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

What a fabulous card it's just gorgeous. Your stamp is so adorable and reminds me so much of childhood. The plaid design papers and cuttling are fab, love the touches of red.

irene
xxxx

Janet said...

Great card Beryl and a really good use of all your stash. I hope you get all that is on your list to Santa.

Janet xx

Juls said...

fabulous! Love the embossed detail! Hugs Juls

chris said...

Hi Beryl this is so very special, hope you are ok , sorry i have been a bad blogger and not been to see you lately.
Thanks so much for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge, hugs Chris xx