Monday, 9 March 2009

A Christmas Recipe

This is the first time I've made a card from a recipe which is the challenge for Rainbow Lady this week. The ingredients are:-
1 white card - 1 rubber stamp - a handmade flower or two - some ribbon - a couple of corner peel offs and the colour scheme is red - blue and silver.
The stamp is from Elusive Images and has been SILVER embossed. It's layered onto RED and then navy BLUE. The flower is made from a stamp I've had for ages, stamped 4 times onto vellum, coloured with vellum markers and Sakura stardust pens and layered up. (It was too late when I realised I'd used a second stamp to make the flower.) It's finished off with two peel off corners and some ribbon at the top.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

21 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Fabulous Beryl and yes one more Christmas card done for you well done. Hope you got my email now re your prize. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is so beautiful and elegant I love it Beryl.

Hugs
Lorraine x

AliMayes said...

That's a gorgeous card Beryl; very classy -- naughty though making Christmas cards already!!!
Ali xx

Pat said...

Beryl that is gorgeous, absolutely love it.

Pat xx

Sue said...

Very elegant card. I love the clean lines and the poinsettia is great. Well done.

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely beautiful Beryl
Ann x

RubyMay said...

oh this is beautiful...one more card towards christmas !
I love the poinsettia...its gorgeous x

Beryl K said...

that is beautiful Beryl, it will certainly make someone smile next Christmas
Beryl x

Glitter Monkey said...

What an absolute stunner Beryl! Amazing poinsettia. Your prize went away today to you babes. Lol Lynn ♥

maddy hill said...

Beryl what a stunning card - totally awesome - i love it !
maddy

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Beryl, love the colour combo!
Clairex

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely. The red against the white is powerful. It certainly is the trend to see Christmas cards around on blogs this year.

Wendy said...

Stunning Christmas card
Wendy x

Annie said...

wow this is stunning!!!
oh my and I am still struggling to think what to do.

Ann xxx

Anne said...

Well done Beryl, this creation is stunning and a Christmas one at that! x

Jane's Blogs said...

Brilliant ... your flowers are superb.

Jane xx

Christine said...

So stunning, love the colours, the stamps. nice to see you have Christmas already LOL
Hugs
Christine x

Phree said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, your stamped poinsettia flower is beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Beryl

Thanks for your comments on my cards. I have bought the doodles sheets they come by way of e-mail and I save them into my folder then just print off. I thought they were the same as digi stamps? They look the same to me lol. I have got some Anya digi stamps and they are the same thing but with Daisy May you get more on the page. I am giggling here because maybe I have got the wrong thing? Anyway thats what I have used on my two cards lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Faye said...

This is a stunning card, Beryl. I hope you'll be entering this week's challenge too. I'm eager to see what you will be making.

Shirley said...

How elegant and beautiful!