Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Colour Create Challenge #2

For Colour Create's second challenge the colours are aqua and peach with also the added challenge of making your own flowers, if you want to. For the peach colour I have used a backing paper from Joanna Sheen's Oriental Dreams CD. I has a very subtle canvas (or I suppose material) effect and some lovely self coloured flowers. It's my favourite paper from this CD. For the aqua I have used a sheet of pale paper and distressed the edges of the backing layer with Stazon Teal Blue. I have also used this to colour the raised areas of the piece which has been Cuttlebugged. The greeting is from my Kanban box and the butterfly is an Elusive Images stamp coloured with some pearly paints I bought from the Works. I used some of the two papers to punch out the flower and added a small gem to the centre.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

14 comments:

Linnie said...

ooo Beryl this is lovely I adore the colours smashing work
linniex

Christine said...

Gorgeous, I love everything about it, especially the stamp, butterflies are so me.
Christine xx

Wendy said...

This is so pretty, lovely colours
Wendy x

AliMayes said...

Lovely card Beryl. I'm really struggling with this one as aqua and peach are two colours I rarely if ever use!
Ali xx

Annie said...

Oh what a brilliant card -seems like we've all been busy with this challenge today. Chrissie has done it too and mine is nearly finished.

My stupid Promarkers made the ink run and ruined things so I have had to start again. not to worry I'll get there in the end.

Ann xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Absolutely delightful Beryl. It's feminine and delicate; I can see why you like that paper so much. Your DIY flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

coldwaters2 said...

Can't believe I missed this one Beryl its beautiful I just love that colour combo and the butterfy is awesome.....well in fact the whole card is.

Lorraine x

Phree said...

Beautiful card.

Bev said...

Beatuiful card Beryl - such soft delicate colours
hugs Bev x

Shirley said...

How very very beautiful. Love the colors and the image too!

Ann Whitfield said...

Ooh Beryl this is gorgeous - so delicate
Ann x

Anne said...

Oh Beryl, love this card and the colour combo is gorgeous. x

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous Beryl! That's a wonderful stamp and your colouring is beautiful. Love the layout and your flowers too. Chris x

Jacqui said...

Lovely card. I adore the colours.
Jacqui (Calexico)