Friday, 6 February 2009

Old Stash and Older Buttons

This card is for the Sketch and Stash Challenge #3. As ever, you must follow the sketch and also use something new or neglected in your stash. The image is from Ebay and the check background part of a bag of goodies from Rainbow Lady. The self adhesive paper lace is from my stash. Now to the old and neglected. The sparkly red paper is from a pad I bought on my first visit to the Alexandra Palace show three years ago. It languishes at the bottom of a basket and gets overlooked time and time again. The buttons were from a cardigan that was binned at least 25 years ago. (I don't throw the buttons away 'cos you never know when you'll need one.)
Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx

9 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card, I think you fulfill the requirements of the sketch challenge, 20 odd year old buttons :-)ha ha
Love the Tilda image and it's nice to see you re starting your x mas cards early !!
Lorraine

Wendy said...

Great card, those 20 year old buttons have certainly come in useful lol
Wendy x

Annie said...

This is so cool - I love it.

Ann xxx

LOUISE said...

Fab card Beryl. Love the image, and good use of the old buttons. Louise x

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card Beryl, buttons 20 years old, now that is some recycling lol
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

Hooray Beryl, the link worked! (I'm a bit hit and miss with my links too)
A lovely card, great colours and your paper lace looks gorgeous (I love this stuff!)
Thanks for joining in with Sketch and Stash.

Jacqui said...

Lovely card. The colours really go well together. Now where is my stash of buttons!
Jacqui xx (Calexico)

Becky said...

What a brilliant bit of recycling Beryl, I'm so glad that you finally got round to using your buttons! Brilliant card!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun!
Love Becky xx

Cathy said...

Soo cute. I love your colouring of Tilda and those are great papers.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and stash challenge.
Cathy xx