Friday, 18 June 2010

Crafty Ann's Challenge #17


Well it's challenge #17 from Crafty Ann already and this time the theme is 'embossing'. It can be dry or heat embossing or both. For my card I used a pre-coloured flower sheet from Crafty Ann and mounted each flower onto a Nestie shape in the opposite colour to the background. Both have been made using a Spellbinders Impressability plate - the top one I just inked the raised area with a chalk inkpad and for the bottom I put Versamark onto the Impressability, embossed and then coloured with Cosmic Shimmer powder onto the sticky bit. I inked the edge of the scallop border with the same chalk ink and coloured the ribbon with a Promarker. The butterfly is from an MS punch - which I really must get - and has been coloured with copper Moon Shadow Mist.
Blog hopping is suffering again as there seems so much else to do here at the moment - so - apologies in advance if I don't get round as regularly as I would like.
I do appreciate your visits and will catch up when I can.
Beryl xx

21 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the use of the flowers and the embossed border.

Chrissie said...

Oh what a beautiful DT card Beryl.
I love the look of your flowers mounted onto nesties and as for your embossed papers, they look stunning!

Ann Whitfield said...

This is so gorgeous Beryl - I couldn't wait to read your write up about how you did this. I almost guessed right with how you did the bottom bp - such a beautiful effect, I really must give it a try.
Ann x

Unknown said...

Hi Beryl
stunning card great embossing, and gorgeous flower.
Christine x

chris said...

Hi Berly
your card is superb, love it, You sound like me rather busy, I am jusy waiting for a coat of paint to dry, so I will do a bit of hopping, but I know what you mean there just ar'nt enough hours in the day.

Martha said...

Lovely contrast between the upper and lower BP and a wonderful job on those flowers. They look real from here! That Monarch is one of my faves too. I will send some more of them for you to use. Hugs, Martha

Janet said...

Love the colours and the textures you have created here. I was especially interested in how you created the bottom bp. Great card.

Janet xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl, Another beautiful card! Love the gorgeous handmade flowers and the butterfly. I hope everything is OK - sounds like you have lots to do at the moment.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
beautiful car hun, luv the flowers, pretty papers, have great weekend,sue,x

Christine said...

Gorgeous Beryl, I so like Crafty Ann's coloured flowers. Love how you have done two tone with the same embossing folder.
Christine xxx

Lavender Rose said...

Another stunner! I love the cosmic shimmer on the bottom embossed paper in particular, gorgeous!

Juls said...

this is gorgeous! so elegant! and your flowers are just amazing!!! Hugs Juls

lisa said...

I love what you've done with those impressabilities, Beryl. Don't they look so different, you wouldn't beieve it's the same plate.
Love the orange flowers too.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lisax

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Beryl
hope your ok, I'm recovering from birthday celebrations lastnight, lovely day, going for a walk.
your card is very pretty, lovely flowers the centres look real. Don't over do it, enjoy a bit of me time, that's and order from Aunty Jane.
Going to Wales tomorrow I'll give you a wave.
janex

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Such a gorgeous background .. .. beautiful.

I too have fallen behind in my hopping - but we all know what it is like.

We can't be working, creating and hopping all at the same time can we?

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Phree said...

Lovely card Beryl, that butterfly punched shape is a lovely one - must go and add it to my wish list now.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow Beryl this is lovely and a real work of art.
Cathy
xxxx

Annie said...

Gorgeous card Beryl - I love those flowers of Ann's - they always seem to look good on a card.
Thanks for the comments on my blog. I've had that stencil ages - I think I sent off to America for it, but they do sell them in England. Try googling Dreamweaver stencils and you should be able to track it down. I know I saw it at the NEC - it was on the stall where I bought my metal flakes but I can't remember the name of the shop.
Ann xxx
PS - it was super easy to do.

Sue said...

Lovely card. I like the colours you have used and the cute flowers.
Sue xx

Cindy Groh said...

WOW!! Fabulous card