Thursday, 10 June 2010

Waste not - want not





Why waste not - want not? Well, I put together this image from MCS for The CD Sunday challenge - 'Girl Power'. Unfortunately - I wasn't paying attention too much to the size and it printed out way too big for the card I was intending to do  - so after resizing and printing it again I decided to use the original image on a larger card.



So - the top card is 6 x 6 and the bottom card is A5. Two cards in one day. That's going some for me. The background on the top card was inspired by a recent card of Brenda's - a swirl stamped randomly over the card and the edges inked with worn lipstick distress ink. The paper is from Funky Fairies distressing vines collection  and the border up the side is cut from a Cuttlebug border die. The sentiment is a stamp given to me by my lovely friend Jane - which I have used on both cards.
The second card - using the larger image has a bp from the Papercraft Factory CD and a piece of silver mirri card - coloured with alcohol inks and put through a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Thank you for taking the time to visit today.
Beryl xx

25 comments:

Babs said...

Love the background you have created fab, that mirri card looks gorgeous love the colour, love everything
Babs x

Babs said...

Beryl the cards are fab, love the colour of that mirri card and how you have used the cuttlebug to create a beautiful background.
Babs x

Unknown said...

hi Beryl
2 gorgeous cards love the lady she is stunning and great sentiment on the first card.
Christine x

Crafting Queen said...

Two super cards, great images. Have a lovely day. Anesha :)

Christine said...

Lovely cards Beryl, like your 'make one' 'get one free'
Love the image, sentiment and swirls.
Thanks for joining us on CD Sunday this week
Christine xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wonderful cards Beryl - perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

starcyl said...

Great cards Beryl, I love square cards so prefer the first one but I also like the embossed bits on the second one so just send me either,lol!
Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.

Jenny x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lavender Rose said...

Well done on 2 cards in 1 day, both lovely. The mirri looks good with the alcohol ink. I have had a couple of bottles for a year or so and not even opened them. Not sure if they work without that blending solution??? I like the distress ink and stamped background very much.

Doreen said...

What fabulous cards Beryl,I love the swirly backgrounds you have used,and the sentiment is great.Thank you so much for sharing these with us at CD Sunday.xxx

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
oh very striking card hun, great image, luv the papers & layout, sue,x

Dawn said...

Hiya Beryl
Oooh what a gorgeous card and that image is great..
The job is going good so far, lots to learn but it's better than being at the Prison job.

Thanks for stopping by

hugs
Dawn

xx

pinky said...

Oh wow love these Beryl, very uptown girl! The sentiment is excellent!
Pinky

themessycraftroom said...

Two fabulous cards love the colours on the background on the first one x ChrisB

Juls said...

SASSSY!!!!! Loving it!! love her dress...I want it!! and those black swirls are so stylish!!!!! Hugs Juls

Phree said...

Lovely card - the image and the sentiment make this a really fun card!

Martha said...

Beryl, I must be well behaved, because I've never made history! LOL! I see you do have a Cuttlebug and I want to know the name of that black border on the first card so I can find it. It is gorgeous on there and you did a wonderful coloring job on both cards. I like the light stamping of the flourishes on the first card. You always seem to know just the right way to put it together in a pleasing, artistic manner!

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fab Beryl.
luv
Debby

Lavender Rose said...

Hi Beryl, thanks for the alcohol ink tips, will definitely give them a try!

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Oh both these cards are gorgous, I love the colours, swirls and the image is just perfect. Your sentiment is so true.

luv
irene
xxxx

craftimamma said...

That's always been my mum's favourite saying Beryl, Lol. I'm glad you decided to use the larger image too though as both these cards are great. I love the flourishes, in fact, I've just realised I have the background one on your first card. I love the colours on that one too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

having a {me} day said...

Hi Beryl, I love both of your cards! That image is just fab, I love the sentime and your use of the swirls. I hope you are having a lovely weekend. kxx

Annie said...

what a fabulous card and I love that sentiment!
hugs, annie x

Chrissie said...

Oooh I love these Beryl and isn't that sentiment perfect with the image?

Janet said...

Brilliant! I fully agree with the sentiment as well (that's probably where I went wrong ...) Ha Ha!

Janet xx