This week it's 'Anything Goes' on the Bah Humbug challenge blog.
I knew I wanted to use this image and duly coloured it with Promarkers, edged it with Black Soot Distress ink and glittered the holly berries - and that was it. I just couldn't decide what to do next.After a lot of thinking that really hurt my brain - this very simple card is the result. I cut a piece of black card and attached to the card base. Added some ribbon and a greeting by Elusive images and then stuck a load of white peel off snow flakes on - a sheet that I've had for ages and thought I would never use.
Now why am I finding it so hard to come up with something whether it's a specific topic or - as this one - anything goes? I suppose because I only get short spells in between gardening at the moment and when I get the time it's not always the right time for my crafting head. Hope things will get back to normal soon.
Anyway - thanks very much for visiting today - a day I hope you are all enjoying.
Beryl xx

19 comments:
A beautiful card Beryl whether you had your crafting head on or not. That image is gorgeous and you have displayed her beautifully.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
Hi Beryl,
This is a very stylish elegant card. I love the red/black/white combo. It's very effective. Gorgeous work.
Hugs,
Fiona x
It may have taken you a while to get there with this Beryl, but the finished card is certainly worth the wait, it's just gorgeous and has been coloured to perfection.
As for the image, great minds think alike 'nuff said LOL!
Beautiful card! Such a sweet image. I'm afraid my garden is getting neglected and I still had a hard time. xxD
Hi Beryl
this is so beautiful,its nice to get a Christmas card done here and there (between the gardening)at this time of the year there's so much to do.
hugs chris xx
Love it Beryl, beautiful image and fab colouring. Know what you mean about gardening, it's a shame to be indoors when the sun shines.
I too find it hard to craft.
Christine xx
Hi Beryl
Your image is gorgeous and beautifully coloured. The sentiment is just perfect to go alongside.
It sounds like you are working really hard in your garden. Are you winning?
Gorgeous day here today but the only gardening I have done is to water the plants and the greenhouse. So sunny that I will need to do them again tonight!
Love Jules xx
Hi Beryl
I'm having pc trouble, fingers crossed ok now. Love this card it's stunning, really striking rich colours and fab image. janex
You may have struggled for inspiration Beryl but I am impressed by the result! I thought you had stamped those snowflakes...very effective. I love the way you have used the black ink around the edge of the image and the colouring is great too.
Hi Beryl
a striking card hun, i luv the colour combo, beautiful card, sue,x
So beautiful card Beryl,i love your image and the colours.
Hugs Riet.xx
Oh WOW! This is so dramatic, it is beautiful. It doesn't neeed anything else. You're starting early with the Christmas theme! Good luck with the gardening and I hope the weather stays good for you. kxx
I love this card Beryl, the image is so pretty. As usual you've coloured it beautifully.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Gorgeous card Beryl, love the image
and the black card with peel off snowflakes is perfect
Beryl x
Ahhhhh ... I know what you mean Beryl. Sometimes I find that I need specific guidelines because if given free rein I have too many ideas in my head - very confusing.
Love the white snowflake pee offs on the black card and elegant image is coloured beautifully.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Lovely card and I just love to sing Decks the Halls etc.... Sad I know but it brings back school assemblies! Like red a lot.
Janet xx
Striking image and BP. LOVE the black BP...with the red dress it is fabulous.
Love, Martha
LOL Beryl, I know what you mean about all that painful "hurts the brain" kind thinking - I do a lot of that too when I make my cards so your post made me laugh. It's a beautiful card and really doesn't need any more than you have done to it.
It's a lovely card Beryl, well worth the brain ache :))
Post a Comment