Sunday, 13 June 2010

Punching for Sir Stampalot


The challenge from Sir Stampalot this month is to use punches on your work. I started off being very brave and using one of my Graphicus Guild papers for the background - well it is for my daughter so I was feeling quite generous. The image is Penny Black - coloured with Promarkers and edged with Distress ink. I've mounted it onto some mirri card which I had coloured with alcohol inks. I punched the garden trellis twice onto pearl paper and slightly off set it to make it less open. The white border at the bottom is part of a parcel of goodies sent to me by my friend Martha (USA). The flowers were punched from some quite old Papermania papers which had been sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer spray. After I'd stuck them all on they still didn't look very inspriring so I rubbed some stickles over them a bit. I cut a corner piece from the garden trellis stamp in white and overlayed it with another, cut from the same coloured mirri card. I also punched the leaves/stems from the same piece.
There's a fab prize this month from Sir Stampalot again this month so why not give it a go.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

27 comments:

Juls said...

wow this is just gorgeous!! great image and I love your combo of colours!! Hugs Juls

Chrissie said...

A gorgeous card Beryl, I'm sure your daughter will just love it!
Those papers are beautiful no wonder you don't like using them.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card Beryl, love the image and the flowers. Have a great day.

Phree said...

A beautiful card Beryl, love the shades of green and pink and that Penny Black image is one of my favorites, it always makes me smile to see the cat peeking out through the tulips.

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, your daughter will love it. You have made some fabulous cards in my absence
Beryl x

Dawn said...

Hiya Beryl

this is gorgeous, that image always makes me smile - so cute!

Have a great Sunday

Dawn

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is a beautiful card with a great image and punched borders.
Hugs,
Fiona x

craftimamma said...

What a lovely card Beryl. You've certainly made use of your punches and I love that image.

Ooh, I've just noticed how you've used the branch punch for the flower stems. How clever!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lora said...

This is just beautiful Beryl, your Daughter will love it!
I haven't visited your blog for a while, in fact I haven't visited any blogs lately (a few problems at home but nothing major), but hopefully things will get back to normal and I will be stalking all my favourite blogs again lol.
Hope you are well.
Hugs Lora xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I love this pb image, your colours and flowers are so very pretty. janex

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Beryl wow....this is fabulous I love that image and what a great idea to make it look like a wall hanging the flowers, borders and corner are absolutely beautiful you have done a grand job with this one and I thank you so much for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

You have certainly put your punches to good use here. Love the corner one!!

A beautiful creation.

Enjoy what remains of Sunday.

Love Jules xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

chris said...

Hi there Beryl
Oh so so my cup of tea, its beautiful, love the paper, I can see why you needed to use it on someone special, I think your daughter will adore this I really do.
love that little punched corner, hey guess what I love everything about it.
hugs to you chris xx

Pat said...

oooooh Beryl this is just so gorgeous, love that PB stamp and the colours you have used on the flowers, super punching and papers to die for.

Pat xx

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
aww gorgeous card hun, luv this image, beautiful colouring, great papers & layout, would fit our Totally Papercrafts challenge, sue,x

Babs said...

Love those flowers, and the background paper, your cards is really pretty, and yes the P.B. stamp is really sweet.
Babs x

brenda said...

Morning Beryl

Just Stunning !

I love those colours together and as you say that DP is rather special, but goes with the image beautifully. Your daughter will adore it I am sure.

Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hello Beryl,
Your card is beautiful. I love the background papers - so pretty and the image is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

lisa said...

This is really beautiful, Beryl, your daughter will absoluitely love it.
Your punched flower arrangement is beautiful, who needs to buy paper flowers nowadays.
Hope your Monday has gone well.
Hugs Lisax

pinky said...

Beryl this is a real piece of work, I absolutely love it. You must really love your daughter those papers are beautiful lol. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Martha said...

Beryl, Such a beautiful picture of spring with the green BP and the lovely tulips and kitty peeking out! Fantastic card, and the layout is very clever of you making the image hanging from the ribbon. Super use of punched borders too. Hope you win!

Hugs, Martha

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Beryl. I love this PB stamp!
Clairexx

Annie said...

a gorgeous card Beryl, I love the cute kitty image and fabulous punched elements - those flowers are so pretty.
enjoy your day.
hugs, annie x

having a {me} day said...

Another beautiful card. Just love that image and those beautiful pink flowers with the trellis punch works wonderfully for this. I hope you have a lovely week, what's left of it. kxx

Francesca said...

A wonderful card , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Jackie said...

It's beautiful Beryl, I'm sure your daughter will love it :) I love the image too and you've certainly done it justice.

Hope you're keeping ok xx