Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Two Birds - Three Camels

I'm doing one post for two cards today. The first is for The CD Sunday challenge where the theme is 'Feathered Friends'. The image is from the first JNM set - mounted onto a nestie shape of Cosmic Shimmer misted pale green card. The yellow(ish) matt is a piece of white card sponged with Distress inks - mustard seed and straw. The corner stamp is a Clarity clever corner and the 'lace' across the centre is a piece of self adhesive sticky paper lace - coloured with a black Promarker. The bp is from the same cd and is the one that comes with the image.



The second card is for this weeks Bah Humbug challenge - 'Silhouettes'. The camel stamp is by Clarity and the background is brayered on from a Big and Juicy Soothing Sunset pad. The bp is a freebie vellum from a magazine a couple of years back which I've stuck on with a sheet of ds sticky paper. I'm really not sure about this one - I think it needs a greeting or something - guess I've got plenty of time to think about that one.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

24 comments:

Juls said...

Fabulous!!! Love the first card, those bright colours are just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

2 Beautiful cards Beryl, just love the first image I used to have these birds, adorable.
Christine x

Carol said...

Hi

Love the cards - the bird one is gorgeous love the camels too though :)

Trust you and yours are well

TC

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely cards Beryl. Really like the colours in the second one. Have a great evening. Anesha

Janet said...

Lovely cards Beryl! The 3kings card is perfect as it is. I cannot leave a comment on your cottage card as blogger will NOT let me for some reason (having lots of problems with Blogger at the moment)
Janet xx

starcyl said...

Both good cards Beryl, those love birds are really pretty and I like that the backing paper isn't over powering the image. Thanks for joining in with us again at CD Sunday.

Jenny x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Beryl,i love your images and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pat said...

Two lovely cards Beryl, I especially like the corners on the first one. Great brayering on the second and lovely image.

Pat xx

Lavender Rose said...

Your bird card is lovely Beryl. The Clarity corners are a nice touch, as is the paper lace. I have that CD but didn't even recognize the image!

Christine said...

Two beautiful cards Beryl, your bird card is gorgeous, love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us again on CD Sunday.

Super brayer work on your 2nd card and lovely image
Christine xx

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful colours Beryl, love those little birdies. Kim

coldwaters2 said...

OOOOO Beryl these two are absolutely gorgeous I just adore that first one with the birds and the camels are great love them.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Two stunning cards Beryl.Thank you so much for sharing them with us at CD Sunday.xxx

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Lovely cards and your brayering on the second one is brilliant.

This isn't something I have tried yet .. .. must have a go.

Meeting up with Brenda and a load of others on Saturday for a workshop and have a feeling I will be doing "all things messy" so perhaps this will be covered.

Love Jules xx

Max said...

Lovely cards Beryl - that Clarity stamp looks really lovely against the warm oranges.
Maybe a little black peel off greeting in the bottom right corner would work?

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

Both lovely cards Beryl - the title for your posting had me wondering what on earth I was going to see. Glad they weren't all on the same card. LOL
Ann xxx
Just for Fun
Bah! Humbug!

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

Just a quick visit to catch up on what you have been up to, still need to get back into the groove properly after the wedding holiday so will be back.

B x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

2 great cards, the love birds are adoreable. janex

Phree said...

Lovely cards Beryl - the feather freind card is stunning.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Two smashing cards Beryl - your post title was amusing! I nearly used that image for my friends card! Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

What a fabulous card, I love it. The three kings silhoutte is just perfect for our challange. I love how you have coloured the background.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

luv
irene
Bah! Humbug!

pinky said...

Lovely cards Beryl, you are really encouraging me in all directions! First to use my cds!!! and second to get a move on for Christmas lol. Hope you had a nice day in the garden yesterday.
Pinky

Rainbow Lady said...

What gorgeous birds they are Beryl I love them. Beautiful cards both of them. Thanks for joining us this week Love Cynthia x

Martha said...

Wow, I almost missed these two. The two love birds are just wonderfully colored and bright. Your background behind the camels is fantastically done. I like the simplicity of the front and wouldn't change a thing.

Love and hugs, Martha