Wednesday, 30 January 2013
It's a Man Thing
The theme on the Allsorts challenge blog this week is 'Masculine'. Cringe!! Even harder than doing pretty cards with lots of embellishments for me. But here goes. I used a Sheena Douglass stamp for the main image - coloured with Distress Markers. The bp is some 12 x 12 that I bought when I first started crafting - probably from C & C. It's double sided so the leafy green is the reverse of the striped. You wouldn't believe how long I was trying to make up my mind which side to use. The greeting is a Crafters Companion stamp - and the grungy corners are LOTV.
The snow is all gone. Yeah! In the two weeks that the ground was covered in snow - some hellebores decided to put in an appearance. What a lovely surprise to see them almost in full bloom this morning.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Perfect man card Beryl. Hugs x
Great card, love the colouring of the image.
Brilliant card Beryl, just perfect for males. What a fabulous stamp, and so perfectly coloured.
luv
irene
xxxx
Great card Beryl and I am so glad your snow has gone at long last! xxx
The flowers are shooting up aren't they now the snow has gone. I have some bulbs in a pot by the backdoor and I can almost see them growing!!
Your card is beautiful, Beryl. I think anyone would be delighted to receive it, male or female.
Hugs Lisax
Its a gorgeous card Beryl, you could get lost in that scene. Still checking for buds over here but nothing yet.
Gorgeous male card Beryl, love the image and design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x
Hi Beryl - I cringe at the thought of making a masculine card too, but this one is superb. The outdoor image is a great choice, and beautifully coloured. Love the layout too.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx
Wonderful colouring Beryl. I wondered which CD it was from until I read your description. I have primroses out on my rockery - world has gone mad.
Carol
xx
Brilliant card Beryl, I like the scene and the papers.
Kevin xx
This is fabulous Beryl, you have coloured your image beautifully - I have this stamp and have often got it out and looked at it, only to put it away again because I'm sure my colouring will not do it justice. A great card for a man.
Pauline
x
Great man card indeed and great papers, I try to avoid buying double sided paper as I struggle to hide some. xx Flora
Hi Beryl
I think we all miss adding flowers and butterflies to our male cards .. .. and yet in reality men like those things too!! They just don't always look right alongside a footie image do they LOL!!!
I am the same as your with double sided papers. It almost feels cruel to hide one side!!
Great card .. .. I love both sides of the paper and those grungy corners.
Love Jules xx
Fabulous Beryl, your image is so beautifully coloured and papers just right with it and i just love the grungy corners.
sue-b xx
Post a Comment