Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Flower Power
This week on the Allsorts challenge the theme is 'Flower Power'. This is an 8 x 8 card and there wasn't much room for anything else once the flower was in place. The stamp is one of the Sheena Douglass' paint fusion range but I coloured it with Promarkers this time. I've got some brilliant white card from Staples that is great for putting through the printer but it's also great for Promarkers - cheaper and whiter than Neenah. There are several layers and after assembling I gave it a couple of coats of gold glitter spray. The background paper is from an Artylicious A4 paper pack called Simple Elegance. I dabbed it all over with Solar Gold Radiant Rain - not a great idea as it happens. Even after heat setting, the mica didn't seem to want to stick to the fairly glossy paper so I had to buff most of it off as I was getting gold mica everywhere. It stills shows a bit in the daylight though. The gold ribbon is from Lidl and the sentiment is a Creative Expressions Sheena Douglass stamp - gold embossed and then also sprayed with glitter spray. The text plate is a Spellbinders die.
Thanks very much for visiting today. A day with another helping of snow.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Just shows Beryl, poinsettias look good in any colour. I would never ever have thought of doing it in this colourway but it looks absolutely stunning.
Thanks so much sharing your inspiration with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
B x
That's gorgeous Beryl, would that be the text and graphic 160gsm lol. Hope you are keeping warm in this yucky weather. Elizabeth x
Hi Beryl
Your gold poinsettia looks amazing. The stamp makes a huge flower doesn't it. I kept meaning to make some Christmas cards with it this year but just never got round to it.
thank you so much for your lovely comments today. I am much calmer now and have made a note for the teacher in DD's art book reassuring her I did not get involved apart from supplying the pencils!! As kids do they don't want their parents making waves for them at school do they!!
You'll love the 4 day deal stamps, they are gorgeous to work with and after see Sheena demo them i now have so many new ideas for them.
Hope the snow gets easier for you. It's thawing fast here.
Keep warm
hugs Lisax
Love the colour of the poinsettia, a great card.
Beautiful flower, certainly ok for any occasion. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x
Morning Beryl
What a brilliant colourway .. .. no need for much else as it is great look all on its own.
Pleased you managed to get out and about the other day. Let's hope all this snow is going to disappear soon.
Love Jules xx
stunning, I have a similar stamp by great expressions, lots of time and effort in cutting out but worth it.
Hope your coping ok in the snow. Not much left here, went to the Bridge Folk club in Port Sunlight lastnight with Sam and our friend Nick. a goodnight and cheep.
janex
Such a beautiful card, love the flower you created with the stamp. Have a great day.
Your card is gorgeous, love that fabulous poinsettia.
luv
Debby
Hi Beryl
What a lovely card, the poinsettia looks like it is mounted inside a frame - the colours are beautiful
Love
Terrie
A beautiful card Beryl, and I LOVE the white Poinsetta.
luv
irene
xxxx
Beautiful card Beryl, that flower stamp is gorgeous, love all the layering nd the whole card is so elegant. Sorry you are still not able to get out hopefully though the weather seems to be warming up a little!! Enjoy your weekend whatever you manage to do.
Pat xx
Post a Comment