Thursday, 10 January 2013

Allsorts Challenge 188



The challenge this week on the Allsorts Challenge blog is CAS. I'm sort of middle of the road - haven't got the hang of adding loads of layers and embellishments while CAS is just as daunting for me - but I thought I'd give it a go. The swirl stamp is from Creative Expressions and the butterfly/grass stamp is from the Stampman. The greeting is from a clear set free with a magazine. All stamped with black Versafine. I punched two butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch, layered the pink one over the black and then added a Cosmic Shimmer glue pearl in each corner. Wasn't sure whether I should have coloured the image or not. I suppose I still have the option sometime - that is if I've got the nerve now it's stuck down.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

14 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Beautifully stamped and I love your design. Love black and pink. xx Flora

Juls said...

so gorgeously elegant!! Hugs Juls

lisa said...

I think you should leave it as it is, Beryl. It's a very classy card. I have that big swirl stamp and forgot all about it as it's in a different drawer to my other stamps. After seeing yours, I must get it out and use it.
hope you are having a good week.
hugs Lisax

brenda said...

Beautifully crisp and elegant Beryl, really stunning creation.

Thanks so much sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Beryl, I like the stamping and the butterfly.
Kevin xx

Christine B. said...

Hi Beryl your card is beautiful.
Hugs x ChrisB

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful card Beryl.
luv
Debby

pinky said...

Its just beautiful Beryl. Its amazing how hard we find these cards lol but they always come out so striking. Have a great weekend Beryl.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card Beryl. Have a great weekend.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous image and design. janex

Pat said...

Beryl, this card is absolutely gorgeous, I think the image is just right I don't think it needs any colour, and the swirl in the corner is just awesome. Have a great weekend.

Pat xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Beautiful card Beryl I love the flourish stamp

Thanks for joining in our CAS challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

cotnob said...

This is lovely Beryl, give me loads of layers any day, but I'm with you on the CAS, I love other peoples but find it a bit daunting myself. Your card is just right, I love the swirl stamp and your little pink butterfly is the perfect embellishment.
Pauline
x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - I think your card is beautiful just as it is - the corner swirl is fabulous, and the pink butterfly gives the perfect "pop" of colour. It's very tempting to "add a little bit more" isn't it! (That's when my projects usually end up in the bin)!!

I hope you are having a happy weekend - Hugs, Sylvia xxxx