Sunday, 17 June 2012

Is it honeysuckle? - answers on a postcard please.


It's time for a new challenge on The Cd Sunday Challenge blog already and I've loved visiting all the entries for last weeks challenge. What a great way to see different takes on the theme and new ideas.
My card this week for the Delicious Damask theme uses bp from the Artylicious Damask Delights cd and also a stamp from a set that goes with the cd. I coloured a piece of white card with Old Paper and Tattered Rose Distress Inks to mimic the shading on the bp and then stamped the image in Versamark and gold embossed. I then sprayed the piece with Crafter's Companion Gold Glitter spray. For the flower I used a piece of card coloured in similar colours with Pan Pastels, used punches from my stash, layered up and then sprayed with the gold glitter spray. I went a bit mad with it this week as I also sprayed the Martha Stewart punched butterfly. Brown ribbon from my stash and a little nestie oval to sit the butterfly on. I hope you'll join in the challenge this week if you can.
I'd also like to enter this card in the June Sir Stampalot challenge. It's a bingo challenge and the line I have chosen is Pink, Brown and Bling. Lots of sparkly glitter on this one so I hope that qualifies as bling and the bp has shades of pink and green in it but it's very subtle (shows up more irl).
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

14 comments:

brenda said...

How very pretty Beryl and lovely rich colours.

None of our honeysuckles look too good this year, I think it's been too wet for them and they are so late flowering as well. I guess whereas some flower like our digitalis thrive in wet conditions others don't do so good.

Thank you so much for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month.

B x

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty. It looks like honeysuckle to me and I love all the spray gold highlights.
Jocelyn x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Just googled honeysuckle,the flowers look like it but maybe not the leaves but I would say that's artistic licence. Any way it's a gorgeous classy card,a beautiful image and papers with striking colours. janex

Riet said...

So beautiful card Beryl,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

A beautiful card Beryl, I love the rich and elegant colours and design.
luv
irene
xxxx

lisa said...

What an elegant card, Beryl, I love the gold embossing.
Hope you have some sunshine today. it's quite nice here but breezy.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Hugs Lisax

pinky said...

Its beautiful Beryl and works so well in those colours. Thanks for joining us at stampalot.
Pinky

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

I would say that whatever it is it is gorgeous!!! LOL!!!

Love how the stamps match the backing papers and the little butterfly sets everything off a treat.

I hope your water leak stayed under control. Is your ceiling OK?!?!?

You will certainly be pleased to see the plumber tomorrow . .. .. . but probably not his bill!!!

Love Jules xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Whatever it is I love how you used it! A very pretty elegant card.

Wendy -x-

Pat said...

Beautiful card Beryl, so elegant, love the stamp. We saw some gorgeous Honeysuckles like this yesterday when we went for a walk just around the village and over the hills.

Pat xx

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Pleased the ceiling survived the ordeal. I don't know. There is always something to be battling with isn't there.

You asked me how I did my sewing.

I stitch everything first and then attach the finished piece to my card front using strong double sided tape.

Hope that helps.

Love Jules xx

Glenda said...

Very pretty - love the delicate colours you've used.

Glenda

Glenda said...

PS - I always thought it was a stylised chrysanthemum, but it could be a honeysuckle?

Glenda

sue-b said...

Hi Beryl, fabulous stamping and embossing making this one beautiful card, love the flower and butterfly with glitter spray, i don't have any of it but it's so subtle looking i think it's a good invest.
sue-b