Sunday, 15 April 2012

A Little Bit Shabby


I can't quite get the hang of 'shabby'. I've distressed to edges of the bp and inked it but it still doesn't look that shabby to me. Perhaps I should have kicked it around the garden a bit before posting it on here. Anyhow - I made this card for Rainbow Lady's Challenge - 'Celebrate with a Touch of Vintage'.It's Rainbow Lady's 200th challenge this week so do try to join in. The bp is from a pack of paper I got when I first watched Create and Craft - several years ago now and I've still got quite a lot left. The image - which is my vintage bit is from Joanna Sheen's ATC Assistant - and because it's from a cd I thought it would fit in quite nicely with The CD Sunday Challenge 'Ring a Roses'. Ribbon and flower from my stash, the 'stalk' is a Marianne die and the computer generated text sits on a Wizard die cut ribbon slider.
Thank you for visiting today. The sun's got round the front now so I'd best plant some of the stuff I brought with me from the last house.


26 comments:

starcyl said...

Beryl this is lovely, I always for get about this cd but there is lots on it. Your card is perfect for both challenges so thanks for joining us.
Jenny x
CD Sunday and Rainbow Lady DT

Marina said...

This is very pretty and I especially like your ribbon and slider with the sentiment.

Carol said...

Afternoon Beryl. You have certainly completed our challenge for a Ring of Roses. Love the hat. I know what you mean about -What is Shabby? I had that problem when we did Shabby and Chic.
Thank you for joining us and good luck with the planting.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Rainbow Lady said...

No kicking around the garden needed my friend as it is fabulous. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Jen said...

Beautiful image Beryl and a super card. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Jocelyn said...

Hello Beryl, I like your card a lot. The elegant lady with roses around her hat fits out challenge perfectly. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Annie said...

I find shabby hard to do too Beryl - you did make me smile with your 'kick it round the garden' comment. It's a great card anyway.
Ann xxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
a gorgeous card, beautiful image, pretty papers & embelies, sue,x

Christine B. said...

Lovely card Beryl, what a pretty image. Hugs x ChrisB

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, love it.
luv
Debby

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely creation. :)

Irene said...

A gorgeous card Beryl, I love the backing paper, it mixes so well with your image.

Thank you for the encouragement with distress inks.

Don't work too hard in the garden.
luv
irene
xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I can't do shabby chic/distressed very well,some people like Fluer are just fabulous at it,we all have our own style . I think your card is very pretty and most elegant.
janex

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

It looks shabby enough to me, Beryl...lovely! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

A gorgeous project.

Love the backing papers, the elegant lady and your sentiment on the slider .. .. that's a great finishing touch.

We have woken up to mega rain here today .. .. so the gardens will be happy!!

Love Jules xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Looks a lovely card, beautiful image, nicely finished off with the flower
Margaret

lisa said...

Hi Beryl.
Just been catching up with your gorgeous cards after having a little Easter blogging break.
I love the idea of chucking a card round the garden to make it shabby!!
I love your style, we all do things differently so I wouldn't worry. She's a very elegant lady isn't she.
Hope you got your plants in while it was fine.
hugs Lisax

Colleen said...

A lovely image, I think this card is perfect with just a hint of shabby chic!

Colleen
Guest Designer CD Sunday

Beryl K said...

Great card Beryl, love the kick it around the garden idea. Might try that as I struggle with shabby as well lol
Beryl x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A very elegant lady, and a beautiful card. Please don't kick it around the garden though, it's far to nice for that.

sue x

pinky said...

Its so pretty and elegant Beryl!

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card Beryl, love the ribbon and slider too, I always have trouble with shabby or distressed look, I can't bear to deliberately distress something, i'm making something new and want it to look pristine. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday, Wendy x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh Beryl - I laughed out loud when I read your idea for distressing (ie; kicking it around the garden)!! I know what you mean though, but your card is so beautiful, it really doesn't need anything else (not even a kick around the garden)!!
Hope you have a happy weekend - hugs, Sylvia xx

Cazro said...

A beautiful card. I love the main image. Caz

Juls said...

beautifully gorgeous! love the elegance and the vintage feel, hugs Juls