I'm finally getting round to entering some of the challenges that I used to before everything changed for me.
This card I'm entering into the Sketch and Stash Challenge 85. The image is a WOJ stamp - coloured with Pro Markers and chalked round the edge. The papers are a freebie from a magazine a while back and the flowers from my stash. The ribbon was a real find. I was sorting out my sewing box and came across some rolls of stuff that looked like seam binding. Of course it was seam binding - inherited from my mother who obviously used it in her work as a seamstress. This stuff must be AT LEAST 50 years old - and the only flaw is that there was a rusty pin stuck into it to stop it unraveling. Still, I'm sure I can work around that and it was just the right colour for my card. Waste not - want not they say. The sentiment is from a Kanban clear stamp set.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

14 comments:
Lovely card, great image and flowers.
They say that everything comes back into fashion in time Beryl - and boy has seam binding returned with a bang!! What a fabulous "find", and it looks gorgeous on your beautiful card.
Hugs, Sylvia xx
Lovely card Beryl and what a lucky find with the seam binding. Matches beautifully. I've never followed a sketch, I'll have to try that idea. Hugs x ChrisB
very pretty,love the flowers ,that image is great,just what I want now a big mug of tea (not coffee but I love the sentiment). I often do sketch challenges it helps the mojo.
I've got my Nan's old cottons in my sewing box,her father was a milliner,nice things to keep and brings back memories.
janex
Yay!!! Here at last Beryl.
For some reason I have not been able to get onto your blog for days!!! But today it is happy to let me visit for some reason.
You have been posting some lovely cards and this one here is gorgeous.
Great colour combo and I love the flowers very much.
Love Jules xx
Oh this is gorgeous Beryl, love the beautiful image and details.
luv
Debby
Beautiful card Beryl, love the image and bp. What a great find - seam binding - looks good.
Pat xx
A beautiful card Beryl, using one of my favourite 'cutie pies' and those papers are so pretty.
What a great find the seam binding was as it looks gorgeous here. Lovely to see you back again.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash
Chrissie xx
So beautiful card Beryl,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.
Hugs Riet.xx
This is a really gorgeous card Beryl. Stunning colours and such a lovely image. What a fab find of the seam binding too and it's perfect on your card.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog this morning. You made my day!
Hugs
Lesley Xx
A stunning card Beryl, and what a brilliant find the seam binding is.
I love the soft gentle colours of the design paper, and vibrant blue of your flowers.
luv
irene
xxxx
What a find Beryl, and the colour is gorgeous. Love your card, its so pretty and girly.
Hi hun
an adorable card, fabulous colouring, lovely papers & embelies,have lovely weekend, sue,x
Love this image and your card is gorgeous. Fab colours and papers.
Many thanks for joining us at SNS this week
Hugs
Doreen
Post a Comment