This will be my last post for a bit as on Thursday I'm off to visit my daughter for a few days and on the way back will stop over with my other daughter - so apologies in advance if I miss some of your lovely creations.
I'm entering this card in the Less is More challenge - which this week has the theme - Spring. My stamp is an English Stamp Company clear stamp - stamped and embossed in copper and then coloured with Promarkers. The greeting - also stamped in copper and embossed is by Elusive Images and the coppery trimming is some copper mirri paper from Craft Creations.
My second card is for the CD Sunday challenge - Get Ahead - Get a Hat. I've had this stamp for a while - and while I love the image - it's an absolute PIG to stamp. You don't want to know how many times I stamped it to try and get an even covering of ink on the image - and then when I did - I managed to splodge something on it (more than once!) Even this image has a tiny splodge of black but I hid it under the bow - which luckily was in the right place. It was already on the card while I waited for the latest image to dry. The CD bit is the backing paper which is from Sharon Duncan Embossibilities Christmas and the punched used a Martha Stewart one.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx


38 comments:
Your hat card is absolutely stunning and definately my cup of tea! Thank you so much for joining us at CD Sunday this week and hope that you will have a good break at your daughters. Your Less is More card is very lovely too, the image is gorgeous and the layout very appealing.
Janet xx
GDT
Thanks so much for entering our challenge this week with this lovely Spring card. It's a beautiful image and stands well all by itself. I think the little leaf punchie in the corner detracts just a little from the splendid blossom... what so you think?
We hope to see you again next week with another CAS design.
Chrissie
"Less is More"
What a gorgeous cards Beryl.
Hugs Riet.x
Hi Beryl
two gorgeous cards, beautiful less is more card, striking lady colour combo, fab design, have a lovely time with ya daughters, sue,x
What a gorgeous card Beryl, blob or no blob. It is very striking and I know what you mean by having trouble with stamps with a large flat area.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday - and enjoy your days away.
Hugs
Carol
xx
well you are leaving us with 2 beautiful cards both stunning, have a great time visiting your daughters
Chris x
Hi Beryl,
These are beautiful cards. Gorgeous crafting. I love them.
I hope you have a great break with your family.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Two card cards, really like the image on the first card. Enjoy your visit. Hugs Anesha
That is a beautiful image Beryl
I also think it would work all on its own with just the sentiment. Without meaning to criticise, but, it is so beautiful to make a statement all on its own
Enjoy your time with your Daughter
Thank you for taking part, see oyu again
mandi
"Less is More"
Two beautiful cards Beryl - love the CAS design of the first, and the feminine image on the second one. Solid stamps can be difficult to work with, but this looks totally fabulous. Have a great time with your Daughters.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx
I love your beautiful Spring Blossom, Beryl, what a gorgeous card and your lady is looking very elegant in her hat. Stamping black images is always so hard isn't it but this looks perfect.
Enjoy your break away with your family. I hope the weather improves a bit for you.
Hugs Lisax
Oh they are both so gorgeous Beryl, love the stamp in the first and the very fashionable hat in the second. That would be great for hiding under at a wedding lol. Have fun with your daughters:)
Love the composition of your card and the blossom is very pretty. x
Hi Beryl, love both of your cards, especially the lady one.A Very striking card. Have a lovely trip and fun with your daughters. Will miss you. Hugs x ChrisB
Two beautiful cards Beryl, I love them both. Have a super time with your daughters and thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs xx
Awesome stamps...and beautiful coloring!!! I LOVE the image on the second card!
Two lovely cards Beryl, that stamp on the first one is gorgeous and they are both so elegant. You should put the second one into the challenge at My Time to Craft which is "Hats". Hope you enjoy your break with both your daughters.
Pat xx
Both fabulous cards Beryl. I love the simplicity of them. Hope you have a super break. Hugs x
Beryl it may be a pig to stamp but it's a fab image. I like this card and actually thought the paper was embossed! Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT
Hi Beryl, Sorry I've not dropped in for a visit recently. Time really seems to be running away from me at the moment!
Love both these cards, they are equally chic and elegant. I love the pretty blossom images on the first card and it looks so effective in the copper embossing. I can just imagine the difficulties you encountered getting a satisfactory image for the second card. It is lovely but I have images with large solid areas and they are soooooo hard to stamp well. Your end product is really lovely though so well done with your perseverence.
Have a lovely time with your daughters. Mine has just gone home tonight after visiting since Saturday - another reason why I've not been around in blogland!
Hugs
Lesley Xx
These are two fabulous cards Beryl, the stamp may have cost you some cared and time, but it is absolutely gorgeous. Have a great time with your daughters
Beryl x
These are both beautiful cards Beryl. Hope you enjoy your stay with your daughters.
Two gorgeous cards the first one is so fresh and clean looking, and the second is so elegant and i love the image
Babs x
both stunning and gorgeous creations!!!! Love the Lady one Love the black and blue together....that silhoutte is just beautiful, just gorgeous and elegant, love everything about it!! Hugs Juls
Beautiful cards as for stamping I gave it up a long time ago, just can't get it together.
Your cards are gorgeous Beryl. Enjoy your time with your daughters!
Clairexx
WOW, these are spectacular, Beryl! I love the copper cherry blossoms and the simplicity of it...Oh that is the challenge! Heehee! The lady in the hat is so dramatic. You did a great job no matter how many times you had to stamp it! LOL! I too have "splodges" occasionally and hide them in various ways, as do we all. So don't feel badly. Have a wonderful and safe trip.
Love and blessings, Martha
Hi Beryl
A beautiful post to leave us with for a while.
Two gorgeous cards. Completely different to each other but both lovely.
I hope you have a got time with your daughters - I am sure you will!!!
See you when you return.
Safe journeys.
Love Jules xx
2 gorgeous classy cards, love them both.
have a super visit with your daughter.
comeback soon. janex
Beautiful cards Beryl.
luv
Debby
Great cards Beryl. Just love the elegant lady - the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Enjoy your break. x
Two beautiful cards, very elegant.
Have a wonderful time with your daughters. Do you have grandchildren too?
I particularly love your hat card. I would never have thought of putting that shade of blue with black, but it looks stunning!
Two fab cards Beryl. I have the lady stamp too and agree, she is difficult to stamp, although it is worth persevering as she's stunning. Sue.x
They were all the trouble and splodge, very classy cards, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, hugs Wendy xx
Two fabulous cards.
Lynne xxx
This is 'absolutely fabulous dahling!' and she looks like that's just the sort of thing she'd say.
Love the colour palette too and those papers are lovely. All in all pretty near perfect (despite the stamp being such a b****r.
lol Chrissie xx
FABULOUS cards
Post a Comment